ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah, if I told them i'd been trying for a year I fear looking like a flake becaues technically, after the bad c section i had with Kian, was told to either never do it again or wait until 18months-2 years. so I don't really want them to think i was completely ignoring medical advice and just started way too soon! Lol. I hate being patient but will just have to be. I just fear kian being so old and the age gap being large!

Anyways, as I wrote in my journal, not sure I O'd but think I did around CD24. My temps don't show that though and i'm suspecting a temp reading was off but will not really have any way to know this cycle. I had extreme pains and positive opk the same day so really think I did. I would be 1-3DPO today. Guess we'll see!

Good luck at the scan Sarah! can't wait!

Ooo, good luck for the scan Sarah! And don't worry about the age gap, I've heard that less than two years ends up great (though IS hard work initially) cos the older baby is so young to not really know otherwise, so they just become best buddies once they're playing! It's the 2-ish year gap that sucks most, cos they're doing big emotional/developmental things then (hence the whole 'terrible twos' cliché) and a baby just makes it all really hard. They settle more at around 3-ish and so can cope better with a new sibling.

Or so they say!!! Lol. I reckon two babies will be damn hard no matter what the age gap, and you take what you get and cope perfectly fine cos you sorta have to! Lol.

The change to three kids is way easier, cos by then everyone is used to having a sibling. Lol!

Update- was spotting brown and had lots of brown discharge etc, but had my scan okay abdominal and doc was surprised that we could see the Flicker.. We saw the heartbeat and all is well for now. Cautiously excited but still not out of the woods. Measurements of CRL and heart rate etc at 8 week scan in two weeks x

Wohoo! (for the flicker!) not cool about the spotting but hope all is okay!
Fingers crossed for a great scan on the 5th! :hugs:

Nikki just say you've been trying for a year how will they prove you haven't?

Preethi glad you saw a heartbeat despite the spotting.

So I'm 34 weeks and bub has been breech for the past 10 weeks :( starting to think s/he will never turn so I'm considering acupuncture. I've already been seeing a chiropractor regularly and have been spending lots of time on my hands and knees.

Hope bubs turns! I have a feeling it's a boy... I can just see you with a boy! :D

Sarah, if I told them i'd been trying for a year I fear looking like a flake becaues technically, after the bad c section i had with Kian, was told to either never do it again or wait until 18months-2 years. so I don't really want them to think i was completely ignoring medical advice and just started way too soon! Lol. I hate being patient but will just have to be. I just fear kian being so old and the age gap being large!

Anyways, as I wrote in my journal, not sure I O'd but think I did around CD24. My temps don't show that though and i'm suspecting a temp reading was off but will not really have any way to know this cycle. I had extreme pains and positive opk the same day so really think I did. I would be 1-3DPO today. Guess we'll see!

Good luck at the scan Sarah! can't wait!

:hugs: I hope that you caught the egg this cycle! I'm awful at being patient. once my mind is made up on something I can't stop tell I get there!

Ooo, good luck for the scan Sarah! And don't worry about the age gap, I've heard that less than two years ends up great (though IS hard work initially) cos the older baby is so young to not really know otherwise, so they just become best buddies once they're playing! It's the 2-ish year gap that sucks most, cos they're doing big emotional/developmental things then (hence the whole 'terrible twos' cliché) and a baby just makes it all really hard. They settle more at around 3-ish and so can cope better with a new sibling.

Or so they say!!! Lol. I reckon two babies will be damn hard no matter what the age gap, and you take what you get and cope perfectly fine cos you sorta have to! Lol.

The change to three kids is way easier, cos by then everyone is used to having a sibling. Lol!

This is very true Amy, We have a 2y 7month age gap and Charlotte was a DREAM two year old. Really really awesome, but very challenging in her 3's. We said she was a threenager LOL. She's fine now and it's oddly got a lot better once Lizzie was able to play with her. Weird how that happens huh? So now they play really well together and Lottie is a dream again and so clever and responsible... we hardly have to tell her off, she listens so much better.

I do believe you will have a struggle at whatever age... mostly because it's an adjustment for all involved, but it just takes some getting used to and then life returns to normal... a new normal! :D a crazy, upside down house normal... but it's for such a short period of your life that it is all worth it! :D

(This is what I say when I see struggle to see my lounge floor for toys) LOL

Good luck at the scan today Sarah! :hugs:

39 weeks!

Hoping if bub doesnt arrive in the next 18 hours that s/he holds off another two weeks now. Otherwise I'll have to drive to Newcastle, and we thought it was 3 hours away but the GPS is showing it to be a 4 1/2 hour drive :/

Oh my gosh I would not have made it that far after my water broke. By 4 1/2 hours after my water broke I was dilated 10 cm and being told to push I think.

Making a trip that far in labour is a very nerve wracking thought for sure. I had 36 hours from water breaking to Sara being born, and 8 or 9 of those I didn't even have any contractions yet so that would be good if something similar happened. But it could absolutely be speedy quick and I could be having a baby by the side if the road... though breech babies do seem to take longer.

I vaguely remember I didn't know I was having contractions until they hooked me up to the machine at the hospital about 30 minutes after my water broke. I thought it was funny for a few minutes and then they started to hurt.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Chickadee soon!

how is everyone...nat I havent seen an update sending lots of love over the ocean!! xxx preethi and nicole how are you

out of hospital (they think I passed a stone) and had my 13 week scan yesterday, so far so good, so I put a ticker up! just waiting for 2nd blood test for my genetic results to annouce to everyone.

Yay, glad everything's looking good with your pregnancy.
Sorry about another stone, that sucks.

NDH had her baby this morning! (or last night, or yesterday morning, depending where you are in the world LoL). Around 6am Australia time, 6 June.
(hope you don't mind me announcing that NDH).
She posted in her journal but I haven't seen a fb announcement so don't think she's announced there yet.

Thanks huggles :) 24 hours now as a mommy of two. Had a baby girl yesterday at 6:50am named chloe brenda. She's 3.15kg (1/2 an ounce shy of 7lbs) and 54cm long -to just as tall as her big sister was but exactly one pound lighter. She'll need physio for her legs being breech so long and needs to get her hips checked in about 6 weeks.
Super fast labour - woke up at 11:40 on thursday night (not having been home from newcastle very long even) with my first contraction, called mom a bit after midnight, got on the road by 1:15 and arrived at hospital at 4. Admission process took 20 minutes and I fully expected to be checked and sent away in early labour and we'd go find a hotel for the rest.of the night. Contractions only 7-10 mins apart. Half an hour on the trace and I only had 4 contractions, which barely showed up on the ctg (turns out she had the trace on baby's head which kept pushing it too high to pick up the contractions). Was told it was a good thing I was just in early labour as the consultant on was an automatic c section dr and he wasn't getting replaced til 8 but since I was in early labour they didn't have to tell him I was there.
checked by the registrar at 5:20 - 4cm dilated! Still expecting hours yet as the contractions weren't too intense we were advised to her some sleep. Mom brought sara up and Dh snuggled her to sleep as she'd been awake since 2am. Meanwhile I started having to vocalise through contractions that seemed to be coming on fast. Was up on my hands and knees moaning. After the third one I decided I was a.huge wuss this time and needed something but would try gas first so I paged the mw and she arrived in the middle of another contraction. Got the gas ready for me and asked if id felt pressure. I said not really but asked what would happen if I got pushy before the next dr came on at 8. She said he just wouldn't make it in time is all and assured me she had 22 years experience and the senior registrar was very comfortable with breech births.
Next contraction I tried the gas but really needed to vocalise and then announced that I was definitely feeling a bit of pressure. I remember that the registrar was suddenly there during the next contraction telling me that as soon as the contraction ended she'd like me to roll.over so I could be quickly checked. It didn't happen though cause suddenly I was pushing. Not sure if it was the same contraction or a different one but I announced I was pushing and there went my waters. 3 more contractions and she was out! No idea how two registrars and two midwives made it in time it was that quick. I remember Dh coming and whispering that we had a girl some.time before her head was out. He'd had to be told though cause her genitalia was so swollen he honestly couldn't tell.
I didn't get immediate skin to skin and they cut her cord immediately. Well Dh did at least get to cutit. He protested but she was stunned and needed fluid cleared out of her airway and oxygen. Nicu team did it in the room though and I could see her when I managed to roll over. As soon as she screamed they did pass her to me for skin to skin and I birthed the placenta while holding her. After 10-15 minutes the paed took her back (still in the room) to give her more oxygen.
I had one small perineum tear that they decided to check in an hour if it needed stitching and decided to leave it alone.
I did lose a lot of clots when they massaged my tummy though and they gave me the synto injection which I was fine with. Mw estimated blood loss at 500ml on top of 200ml at birth so they put me on a drip. For 4 hours?
Spent the entire day in the birth suite as there wasn't a bed on the ward and after a huge comedy of errors we finally got discharged to go home (against medical advice) at 8:45 and got home after midnight!

Oh my gosh! What an amazing story. Firstly Huge congrats honey! Mum to two girls... I can tell you that it is lovely and mine play so sweetly together :)

So pleased that you got to hospital in time and had the support you needed to get the delivery you wanted. So So SO pleased for you! She looks so tall and slim in her pictures. I hope her physio goes well. Was she uncomfortable bump to carry? By that I mean her limbs being in different position to Sara, did it feel any different to when pregnant with Sara?

Enjoy your babymoon! Newborn snuggles are the most delightful! Hope Sara settles well with her new sister.

Yesterday Lottie woke up late and came rushing down the stairs saying... 'MOM!!! Where's my baby girl??' and then when she saw Lizzie on the couch with me rushed over to give her a good morning hug! .... you have all these sweet heart melting moments to come with Sara. Lottie was fabulous at first but about 3 months in started acting up a bit... but before long was back to her normal self! xxxx

Oh Nat, how awesome you got to naturally birth her after all the worries!!! Amazing awesome wonderful!!! And huge congrats!!!

Awesome birth story Nat, congrats once again.. So glad you were able to have it your way.. X Chloe is beautiful

Oh cath how precious <3. I'd have loved a boy but I have to say two girls close in age is going to be pretty special.

I'm thrilled with how well the birth went and recovering so well since I don't feel like I was hit by a truck from not being allowed to push for 2 hours.

awww ndh what an amazing story!! what does sara think so far? how many months are between them? she is so cute and Im glad Im pregnant otherwise you would have made me want to be again.

were you set on the name or did you have some choices? Ive had Chloe as #1 for a girl since was pregnant with Cieran, but I also like Meghan and Madelaine. Boys are harder now Ive used my first choice, 2nd was Ethan but Im not 100%. I like Ryan but its so common so was thinking about Rylan or Rhylan. Preethi and NY please talk baby names with me or are you not telling!!

mummy thats sooooo cute, lil lottie and lizzie, even the names are just perfect!

Sarais mostly curious/excited about the "beebee" and calls her sister, but there's also definitely jealousy, especially when Chloe is nursing.
There's almost exactly 17 months between them - two days shy.
Chloe was on our short list for Saranna but it didn't suit her. This time around it was the only name we could agree on - the other names we liked didn't go with Brenda (which is DHs mom's name). We also thought we were acknowledging our nerd culture with her name lol. I could have sworn my baby name book said Chloe meant 'light' and since Brenda means 'sword' Chloe Brenda would be light sword (lightsaber)lol. But I was wrong about the definition of Chloe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->