Okay, my journey begins to be a trainer

aliss

Reaction score
To officially certify myself as a PT and I want to specialize in pre/post natal fitness as well.

I have a few goals - must obtain my Canfit-Pro certification and specialization (time and $$$), need to improve my French, and I need to kick my ass in gear and really shape up my physique after Alex. Right now still waiting for my little bump to swell down after Evie :(

Ideas? Thoughts? Tips? I'm thinking I need to look into some marketing books too, websites, ergh. I'm giving myself a 2 year goal because I plan to pop out another wee one in the near future ;)

This isn't really a journal as some of you know, I'm horrible at updating journals but I'll just check in. Not sure if this is a dieting journal or not though?

Moms... what do you look for in a postnatal/prenatal trainer? If you were interested?

Way to go Aliss! It's an awesome goal! (and...sorry again about your loss... :nope:)

Things I loved about my trainer BEFORE (and during the first two trimesters of) pregnancy:

She pushed me, but she didn't seem fake. She was pretty laid back, not in my face, but not petting me on the head either. She'd just be matter-of-fact, "You have __ more. Almost there..." I felt like she really believed in me, but didn't think I needed constant petting and reassurance.

She checked in with me weekly. I weighed in with her weekly, measured in with her monthly, and she'd celebrate with me when I was making the progress I wanted, and if I DIDN'T make the progress I wanted, instead of just patting me on the back and saying, "Ohhhh you're fiiiiinnnnne" she'd help me troubleshoot and tweak my routine or my diet in order to GET what I wanted (so long as I was reasonable, of course).

She gave me all her attention during my sessions. She wasn't distracted, chatting, or working herself or other people out while she was with me. That way she could correct my form, see if I needed to be pushed farther, and point out when I was making progress or doing something 'impressive' in order to remind me that I WAS progressing!

Best part about her? Her workouts killed me, but I finished them, so I felt so strong... AND I made my goal... literally TO the DAY. :haha: I wanted to lose 30 lbs by April 1 (started first week of Jan.), and on April 1, I hit 30 lbs. ;) yeah!!

After pregnancy... if I do work with a trainer again... I would want someone who is knowledgeable about the cans and can'ts of pregnant/postnatal bodies. I loved that my trainer didn't molly-coddle me during pregnancy, but took the time to find out which pregnancy precautions were realistic, and which were bunk. I'd like a post-natal trainer to do the same thing for me, so that I don't do any damage to my body while gaining it back, but so that I can push as hard as I can at the same time.

Good luck Aliss!! :hugs:

Thanks Jackie I really appreciate it. I need to learn to be more gentle though LOL, I am a powerlifter and whining just does not sit well with me. Gotta strike a balance :rofl:

So glad you reached your goal!!!!

Thanks!

Well, it's possible she WOULD have been harder on me if I were a whiner, but I never whined. Occasionally I'd 'pretend whine' when she'd have me do certain things that she knows I hate ( mainly plyo-type cardio bursts like mountain climbers and other jumpy-jerky stuff...oooh I HATED it even though I knew it was good for me!) like I'd say, "Sigh... I thought you liked meeeeee" but I'd still do it all. :haha:

So perhaps, if I were a whiner, 'Id need someone to tell me to suck it up. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->