Okay....now I'm freaked out..anyone experience this??

Round2

Lucky Mom of 2
Reaction score
Okay, so I posted a thread yesterday asking if anyone had an abnormal 2nd AF after MMC. So it gets stranger.......last Saturday I started my 2nd AF, it was pretty normal for the first few days. Then it tapered off, couple days later I started spotting. Saturday night I went to bed around midnight, got up around the 3am and everything was normal, just a bit of blood on my pad. About 2 hours later I woke up in a pool of blood. I had soaked my pad, pyjamas and sheets. I went to the bathroom and passed a clot twice the size of my fist. Then for a couple of more hours I had cramps and passed huge clots. Then nothing, not a drop of blood since 8 am!! I'm heading to doctors tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? I'm suppose to OV this week, but I'm afraid to BD....that clot just scared the crap out of me!!! Ughhhh, I'm so fustrated, this MC ordeal just never seems to end.

*******UPDATED Page 2

OMG thats extremely weird. I think you should go the the doctor and get checked out. Is there any chance you retained tissue from your last MC?

I hope you get this all worked out soon.

I had an u/s in April and my doc said it looked all clear. Then my first AF came and went and it was very normal. I've heard other ladies mention that their 2nd AF was a little heavier than their first...but this was WAY more blood than any period I've ever had. It was really quite frightening.

That sounds like it must have been very scary and disconcerting. I'm glad you have a doctor's appt. tomorrow. I was thinking what Aussie thought, retained tissue. But you had a clear scan. I have not experienced anything like this but wanted to send you hugs and support. Please let us know what the doctor said.

xoxo

Thanks Heart tree....I was suppose to go to the doctor's today, but she's not in today and I hate the replacement doctor. I have to wait till tomorrow now. The bleeding has stopped now, so I'm sure that she's just going to tell me that it's just my body's way of 'healing'. I'm getting so sick of hearing that!!

Oh, that sounds awful! I hope your Dr is able to give you an answer. And I hope you get a BFP before you have to go through another weird AF. I hope we all do!

That sounds awful, you poor thing. I'm no expert by any means but that doesn't sound right. I think the general advice is that you should go to the emergency room/a&e if you soak more than three pads in an hour or if you pass excessive clots. Anyway, fingers crossed, your next af will be normal. Hope you get on okay at the doctors too x

Good luck at the Drs Round2 - fxd they have some idea of what's happening :hugs:

hx

Thanks everyone. The bleeding has picked up again, so I'm now on day 10 of bleeding!! I was hoping that someone had experienced something like this in the past. It sounds like I have good reason to be going to the doctors. I'll let you know how it goes.

I know - the word "normal" has never sounded more wonderful has it!!!

Just to update.......

It was just as I suspected. My doctor thinks there's just some clots left at the top of my uterus that didn't come loose with my last AF. I'm getting an u/s tomorrow to make sure. But she thinks it's nothing to worry about. Easy for her to say!!!

Well that's good news! Good luck with the ultrasound and keep us posted!

Im glad you have some sort of answer, you mustve been terrified

Good luck with the u/s and come and tell us what happened

Hi, I had a very similar experience 2 cycles after my MMC and it was stuff left over that hadn't come out. I thought it was another miscarriage, it was so horrible. After that I started to get much better hormonally and felt better physically. Sorry you have had such a horrible time. xx

Thanks Korrina,

It's good to hear from someone else who experiened this. I'm sure it's just left over blood clots, it's just such a scary experience. I have an u/s in the morning, so that should tell me exactly what's going on.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did you ovulate that cycle? I'm suppose to ovulate on Friday, but I can't tell if my body is 'getting ready' or not because of all the blood. I'm now on day 12 of bleeding. My doctor seems to think that it will not affect my ovulation schedule, but my OPK's say otherwise!

Errrrrr! I'm just so anxious to get my BFP....I want my body back to normal....NOW so that I can get on with things!!!

Hi, I ovulated on the 12th day of the cycle previous to that, then i didn't detect ovulation that month, but could have missed it as I was on holiday (great timing). Just after I stopped bleeding for a couple of days I had bad cramps on days 18,19,20 and 23 of the cycle then another more normal period on day 28.

After this happened I realised that I needed to chill out a bit about getting pregnant as my body had not sorted itself out, but since then I have felt so much better. This happened to me at the end of March, beginning of April, t give you some idea of time.

With hindsight, if I do have another miscarriage (please no!) I will probably give myself 3 months to normalise (emotionally as well as physically) because we really know how to put ourselves through the mill!!

I hope all goes ok tomorrow and that you are on the road to recovery. It is so hard. xx

Ya, I agree....there's probably a good reason I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I think my body is just taking longer than most to recover. Normally I get a positive OPK today and ovulate on day 14, but I didn't get my + and it's really upsetting me.

I'm trying so hard to be patient....but really, I'm terrible at it!! Always have been. I guess there's not much I can do about that though!

Thanks for all the details!!

no problem....I too am so impatient. It has been a hard lesson!!!! It is so hard when you don't have the control you want over your own body. We will get there...good luck x

So I just got back from the ultrasound. They found a huge blood clot in my uterus. My doctors gave me a 3 options:
1. Wait it out, I may still get pregnant with a clot in my uterus and the clot could come out on it's own. I'll probably experience lots of bleeding and need to get my iron checked each month.
2. Take the drugs that evacuate your uterus
3. D&C

So what do you guys think? Has anyone else's doctor said that you can still get pregnant with a clot in your uterus? I'm just worried that she might wrong about this and if so, I should just get it out now. Otherwise, I'm so desperate to get pregnant - I probably just wait.

On the plus side, she said I have nice long folicle and look like I will ovulate soon.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Sorry, just had to let that out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->