Okay....now I'm freaked out..anyone experience this??

I didn't have a clot in my uterus before I got pregnant, but I had one in my uterus during my first pregnancy. It caused a lot of bleeding and at 10 weeks, dislodged and knocked the fetus out of place. I ended up losing the baby. I don't want to scare you, but if it were me, I'd get that clot out of me ASAP, knowing that it could cause a mc. I'm so sorry you are going through this, especially around ovulation.

Thanks Heart Tree,

I asked my doctor and she said that there was definately no threat to the baby if I got pregnant with the clot still in there. You're right though, I've read lots of stories where blood clots caused miscarriaged. I just wish that I had asked more questions. I wonder if there are different types of clots? Maybe some are more threatening than others? I just don't know what to do. The thought of not being able to TTC for another couple of months make me sick to my stomach.

Well my clot was called a subchorionic hematoma. They don't know why they develop. Sometimes it happens during implantation. A lot of women can go on to have healthy babies with a clot in their uterus the whole time, but they monitor the clot closely. Some women pass the clot and have the baby. For some women, the clot can be absorbed into the blood stream. And, for some women like me, the clot tries to pass, but hits the baby out of place. I don't know if there are different types of clots. I know what you mean about being sick over the thought of not being able to TTC for a while. Can you write a list of questions and email them to your doctor or call her? You need to make an informed decision. It is ok to ask as many questions to your doctor as you want before you make a decision.

Okay, I think that I'm done wallowing now. I've decided to just listen to my doctor. I thought she was crazy when she said that I would ovulate this month and she was right about that. She said not to worry about this clot, and I'm just going to listen to her.

I just got my very first, absolute-without a doubt-positive OPK. I usually just get an 'almost positive' and ovulate two days later. So we're going to give it a go this month, clot and all. Too bad hubby is gone for the weekend so we can only BD tonight and tomorrow morning. Hope it works anyways.

Ughhhhh! I'm so sick of TTC!!!!! I swear, the thought of setting fire to my basal thermometer after I give birth is the only thing keeping me going some days!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->