Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Boooo for :bfn: and for poorly Isla!

My boobs are killing today and I've felt sick on and off all day..... so HAD to POAS tonight - urine was very weak, and got :bfn:

Surely if there's enough HCG to make me feel sick there's enough to show on a test?! So taking that to mean the sickness isn't a symptom lol :wacko:

Might POAS again tomoz with FMU, or might leave it until wed :blush:

I always try to reason with myself that if theres enough hormones for symptoms then I'd get a bfp. Doesn't stop the hoping though lol

Sorry about BFN Emily and that AF is AWOL, but it's def a good thing that now your dh seems to be fully on board with trying sooner! Hope you are out of the dreaded limbo land soon.

Laura I feel the same, I've had so many 'symptoms' and yet the tests say otherwise. In my rational mind I know it's all in my head, but a deeply irrational part of my brain still wants to believe that I'm too early or my ic's are crap!:haha: I am not completely sure of my dates, but think I am 9-10dpo with af due over the weekend (if I ovulated when I think I did it should show up overnight between sat and sun!)

:bfn: this morning although woke with horrible heartburn which is summin I rarely get when not pregnant lol! I'm using IC's too :wacko:

CD14, I think O is nearing. Usually O any point up to CD18. Was a little bloated and achy this morning but that seems to have gone so I think my body is gearing up towards it.

Laura, sorry for the BFN that sucks. It is odd that you're getting so many symptoms, maybe try another brand of test is AF doesn't show up.

Steph, I really hope that you get your BFP this weekend, am rooting for you!

Kay, good luck, keeping fx for ov and good bd timing.

Nothing new here, Isla is doing better but still under the weather.

Hooray for O getting near Kay!

I'm not having any 'symptoms' anymore and am starting to accept that I'm out once again. Only thing weird this cycle is that my cervix has stayed high since ovulation, I still can't reach it.

But in good news my dh got me a treadmill so I can start training and it's looking more and more likely that I'll get the tutoring job at the medical school!

Well AF is here today so at least I wasn't in limbo land for too long :happydance: I'm guessing Isla's increased nursing the past week must have thrown my body for a bit of a loop or maybe I didn't ov at all (since I had all of that EWCM throughout my cycle). Anyway, that means that I have now had a 26 day cycle and a 34 day cycle :wacko: Hopefully things will even out a bit more and I end up with a 27-30 day cycle this time.

Steph, that's awesome news about the treadmill and the job :thumbup: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that things work out this cycle but I felt the exact same way as you this past cycle. While I was excited that AF was late I just didn't feel pregnant, which is why I wasn't devastated when I got the BFN.

Sorry about the witch ladies :( I'm still waiting but pretty sure this isn't out cycle and I feel so sad about it. Like REALLY sad :( When I started this ttc thing I never expected it to take this long and now I'm pretty sure there is a problem. I think in January I might book an appointment to have some basic tests done like sperm analysis, ultrasounds, hormone levels ect. At least then I won't feel like I'm trying in vain.

It would at least put your mind at rest. If your cycle is regular you can have blood tests done to check you are ovulating. Think it has to be done on day 21 of a normal 28 day cycle

There probably isn't anything wrong but after I tried do long last time to find I didn't have a chance for most of it I'm not going to write off your concerns.

So sorry about stupid AF Laura, that really sucks :nope:

Steph, I'm sorry you feel out and that you're so concerned. Did you temp this cycle? It might be something as simple that your ov and subsequent bd timing is just a bit off.

Also, I know it's hard because you have been trying for awhile but your youngest is just over a year. Honestly, your body just might not be ready to be pregnant again yet. Recently a couple of my friends have fallen pregnant with their 2nd and in both cases their oldest was in the 15-16 month range before they could conceive number 2. I know some people get their BFPs while breastfeeding or before their LOs turn a year but I think for the majority of us our body needs time before it gets ready to carry another little one.

If it will give you peace of mind, I definitely think that you should go and see someone and rule things out. You have two beautiful girls and I have no doubt that you will have another beautiful baby soon :hugs:

And no matter what you are not out until AF shows so I am still hopeful for you :thumbup:

OMG I just got my bfp!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::wacko::happydance:

Attachments

• bfp.jpg
    bfp.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 9
OMG, huge congrats Steph, that was a BFP you saw the other day :happydance: I am so happy for you :hugs: Your DH must be thrilled as well!

Again congrats; that is such amazingly good news!

Thanks Emily! I am very cautious (and so is dh) but so incredibly relieved that we can conceive! I can't quite believe it yet...

OMG Steph!! Congratulations!
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I was really ill Thursday afternoon and not really felt up to checking back until now. And what a wonderful thing to come back to!!

Totally normal to be a bit worried in the beginning :hugs: How are you feeling so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->