Older bump buddies - March 2011 - chat/MSN/text

sarbo

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm 41, it's my first pregnancy, and I'd love to meet people to go on this (scary!!!) journey with. I'm due on March 3rd.

I really like swapping emails and chatting on MSN or Yahoo. I live in Leeds, England, at the moment, but I'd be happy getting to know anyone from anywhere who wants to share thoughts and fears, and happy, sad or emotional times. Anything that comes into our heads really!

I feel like I'm a bit in limbo at the moment and am counting the weeks til my first scan - hopefully that will make all this seem real and will set my mind at rest that everything is ok, dinosaur that I am! :shock:

Here's hoping I make some great new friends!

Sarah

Hiya,
I'm 37 and this is my 4th baby - I'm happy to be a bump buddy if you want?
Ceri xx

Hi Ceri

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'd really like to be bump buddies, although you're a pro compared to me, having had 3 babies already! How old are your other children? I just have a cat...and he's 12. Does that count?! :D

How are you feeling at the moment? If you don't feel well you're going to hate me cos I'm fine apart from sore boobs and the odd twinge in my tummy!

Over to you... :)

S x

Hi Sarah,
I think having a 12 year old cat makes you a pro definitely :winkwink:
My kids are nearly 13, 9 and 4, so large age gaps for all of them :wacko:
I go from feeling crappy (nauseous and tired) to ok - can never tell which way it's going to go! I've had some pretty heavy duty cramping and a tiny amount of spotting which freaked me out some :( I'm going to bed early too, which is unheard of for me :haha:
Have you joined the March Mummies thread? They're all really nice there :flower:
Hope you've had a good day xx

Hello again

Hehe...the cat would argue with you about that! But I'm thinking it will be nice to look after someone who doesn't have such sharp claws. Having said that, a baby doesn't have to be put in a box to go to the vet's, so even if it does have claws I should be ok. lol

It must be nice having kids at a spread of ages. You won't have any trouble getting a babysitter, will you? ;)

I'm sorry you have some crappy days, and the spotting must have been really scary. How recently was that? Did you see anyone or do anything about it? I've been so lucky that I can hardly believe I'm pg - I keep prodding my boobs to make sure they still hurt! LOL

I've been sleeping more too. I used to have real trouble falling asleep, but now I lie down and within half an hour I'm off. That's been quite a nice change.

No, I haven't joined the March Mummies thread. I've looked at it a few times, but felt like I'd be interrupting a chat if I suddenly popped up and said hello. I know, I'm daft... lol

Hope you're having a non-crappy day!

S x

Having said that, a baby doesn't have to be put in a box to go to the vet's, so even if it does have claws I should be ok. lol

This made me :haha::haha::haha:

The spread of ages is good in one way (elder 2 can almost look after themselves if you see what I mean) but hard in that it's difficult to find something they all enjoy doing at the same time. :wacko:

The spotting was a bit scary - it never went beyond pale brown, but it's always heart wrenching to see. I haven't spotted for about a week now, but I've got a really busy day today so I wouldn't be surprised if I had some later :dohh: I didn't see anyone as I knew there was nothing they could do :cry:

The sleeping thing I can relate to - I'm usually a night owl and I just can't do it at the moment. Only annoying thing is that I'm waking up really early too :growlmad:

Have woken up with a sore throat this morning (at 5 am :growlmad:) so I'm sitting sipping hot lemon and honey:coffee:

Hope you have a great day!

Ceri xx

Glad it made you laugh. Think I must have had my silly head on!

Oooh yeah, how do you find something everyone wants to do? Must be especially difficult during the school holidays! Do the kids know you're pregnant? Have you told many people or are you leaving it a bit?

Think I'd go nuts if I started spotting. Did that ever happen in your other pregnancies? Did you get through your busy day without it starting again? I was woken up yesterday by quite bad cramping and thought it was all over (I'm all doom and gloom, me! lol) but it stopped after a few hours. It was enough to give me quite a fright, even though I've read a lot about pain and cramping being normal.

How's your sore throat? Hope it doesn't develop into a full-blown cold!

S x

Hiya,

Sorry for taking so long to reply - exhaustion has kicked in! :wacko:

It can be hard finding something they all want to do - although a dvd usually goes down well :haha: I home educate them too so we don't get school holidays :haha: I haven't told them yet - waiting for a good scan result first.

The only other pg that I had spotting ended in a miscarriage (9 weeks) so i have been freaking slightly. :growlmad: I did have a bit of spotting yesterday and today (busy day today too) so I think it must be connected to being on my feet loads. I also start to cramp after busy days too.

I've had loads of cramping/stretching and did through my other pregnancies - it worries you but is TOTALLY normal :flower:

Sore throat did indeed develop into a cold :growlmad: Dh's fault, he gave it to me as I'm reminding him every 5 mins! :haha:

How has your day been? Have you got a time in mind to tell everyone?

Ceri xx :hugs:

G'day! :flower:

I know what you mean about exhaustion. It's hitting me too, and I've started going to bed early and not feeling very awake when I get up. Yaaaaaaawwwwwwn....

Wow, you're brave, educating your kids at home! What made you take that decision, if you don't mind me asking? I had an 'orrible time at school so I can only hope that, if my bean is sticky (lol), it has a better time than me, cos I don't think I'd have enough confidence to home educate.

OMGawsh....I'd be going NUTS if I was spotting like you are! But then I really have absolutely no idea about being pg and how it's supposed to be. I apologise cos I'm absolutely the worst person for offering reassurance for that reason. Yep, up the duff and clueless...that's me! :blush:

Yeah, cramping is worrying...and weird. I mean, normally if you have a pain it's your body's way of telling you something's wrong, but in this case - what seems like the most important 'case' ever - it doesn't necessarily mean anything at all. Arrrgh! I texted a friend out of the blue the other day and just said "I wish I was a kangaroo". As you can imagine she sent an "Errr...wot?" message back, and I explained how nice I thought it would be to give birth to a minute baby which just crawled into your pouch for the rest of your pregnancy and didn't give you all the cramps and scares! LOL

Hehe...I'm laughing at you putting a guilt trip on your DH for your cold. Let him suffer a bit too, eh?! Just kidding, of course. I hope you feel better soon.

As for telling people, my closest friends know, but I won't 'go public' til after the first scan. I'm expecting a lot of disapproval from my family so I'm dreading fessing up and will leave it as long as possible. Add 'wuss' to the idea of what sort of person I am that you're getting in your head! lol

Feels a bit strange to be writing like this in a place where loads of people can see!!!

Hope you're having a good weekend...

S x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"