'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Hi there Marley's girl, when is your 40th? Mine is the 30th July - 8 days before my due date so don't think there will be any major party celebrations LOL!

Hi there Marley's girl, when is your 40th? Mine is the 30th July - 8 days before my due date so don't think there will be any major party celebrations LOL!
I'll turn 40 mid-May, though I don't feel like it - I've never felt my age! I think it's because I've been wandering between relationships and between jobs for the last twenty years, without ever really settling down, until now.

I was meant to be having a big party, shared with a pal who turns 50 around the same time ... but that's been eclipsed by a huge Works party (this weekend) for the closure of the district office that we both worked for. I have the fun of seeing all my old workmates, and explaining why I'm not drinking alcohol ...

From due date calculators (the date of conception is definitely known!), I am expecting around 2nd November. I haven't created a Sig yet to say this, I'm kinda not counting chickens until my scan (on 20th April) when it will all seem a little more real :D

eta - gave in and created a sig ....

LOL I don't feel nearly 40 either, I was just saying to a friend last night (who is only 26) that I don't know when I am going to feel like a 'grown up' !! Glad you got a signature, it makes it feel more real!

Well isn't this wonderful!! I feel like I have no one to talk to, and then came you! Well ladies I am 34 and have a 15 yr old daughter and a 12 yr old son. Yup this is a shock!!! I am tired and feeling as though I never felt like this all those years ago. I would give anything to poop like a normal human being!! I am also in desperate need of relief from rhinitis, any ideas?

Hi 3xmomma,
how many weeks are you?
I am absolutely exhausted all the time too!
I'm 34 as well but this is my first, so nothing to compare it to.

Hi all,
Really sorry I haven't been around for a while ... have been 'minimising' forum use due to workload and trying not to make myself paranoid! So good to see so many lovely new faces on here! And so many fab birthdays coming up! I'm 37 in July but like you don't feel it at all (might help that everyone i work with is between 25-33), have always 'jumped' jobs/careers and moved relationships and houses (well twice anyway), have always been wondering when I will feel 'grown up' (Starting to now though!)

Had a private scan yesterday which was a HUGE relief to see the little heartbeat ... so told OH's parents who were delighted but from his mum I got all the 'we thought you had knocked that idea on the head given your age and everything' and 'we are glad you didn't leave it any later, you're not getting any younger' etc etc .....
Am telling my parents shortly and am now really nervous! As my mum's nearly 65 and my dad's 72, I am sure they are going to say we've left it too late and they're too old to be grandparents etc ........ They were 'old' for their generation in having me (28 and 35 respectively) so they should know what it is like!

Glad to hear that everyone's being healthy and fit too - I had a few days of craving white bread (never eat it normally) and 'white pasty food' (which ain't good!) but now I've seen hb it feels a bit more 'secure' and I feel a bit more like I should make myself eat healthily again ....

Well have a great day all :hug:

This thread has been quiet lately!

I am completely shattered today, my bump is aching and feels really heavy like I am dragging it round :hissy: My Maternity trousers are too tight too, I think I may have to invest in some a size bigger but I thought we were supposed to just buy our normal size?? I have now gained an entire stone but I don't mind at all - that is something that is different from my last pg - I used to be obsessed by being thin and was forever weighing myself and feeling fat during my pg, this time I am totally fine with it and even enjoying having a big belly!!

How are you all doing?

Congratulations on the scan result Ellie!! That's great news, it must make it all seem more real. I have my first midwife appointment today, quite excited about it.

Gocarlilly - I am actually really looking forward to having a bump and 'looking' pregnant. Not so sure about aching bump and having to drag it around!! LOL. I've put on over half a stone already and I know that it's just the amount that I've been eating rather than baby-related at this stage!! Don't care either though as long as everything is OK.

OOh good luck for your first appt Polaris! I was surprised at mine that she didn't say anything at all about my age!

Can I join too? I'm not November, I'm due 9th August but I'm 35 and this is our first. Talk about a voyage of discovery - something new every day LOL.

I've put on about 12lbs ish which I guess isn't too bad ... I'm 24 weeks on Sunday - viability here we come!!! :)

Course you can!! I am due 7th August but joined in cos I am 39! Is this your first?

Good luck polaris with your mw appointment - let us know how it goes! The scan did make it a bit more 'real' especially for OH who I don't think really believed it before! My parents were actually fine about it and seemed a bit shocked but pleased!

I think I have put on about a stone this year :( I was just about to consider a diet when I got my bfp ... have been eating loads more since giving up alcohol ... not feeling too bad about getting bigger and buying bigger clothes, not yet anyway. golcarlilly i have been buying up cheap maternity clothes off ebay but in a size or two bigger, what kind of trousers are you wearing? is it the ones with adjustable buttons or the stretchy bump ones?

and welcome avabear73 - viability how exciting!

The ones i have on today are JoJo Maman Bebe ones, they have a stretchy band which goes mid-bump, I think that is the problem, the under bump jeans I have are much comfier, I think I am going to see if I can remove the elastic in the waist band and just have the stretchy tshirt bit instead - I think they will still hold up cos they have lycra in the trousers themselves?

Well the appointment with the midwife went well. She was really nice and informative too. Although she was saying don't overload yourself with information - maybe just buy one book and read that. Yeah right!! I still feel that it's all a bit unreal though, less than two weeks to my scan though - can't wait!!

Glad it went well, 2 weeks is not long at all it will fly by!!

yay 2 weeks - it'll be here before you know it - can't wait to see pics :)

i haven't got any pregnancy books apart from 'the gentle birth method' that my sil loaned me ages ago - all mine are about conceiving! wonder if i should get one? and if so which one? anyone got any?

Hi ladies

Thanks for the welcomes :hugs:

Yep this is my first .. and I also initially thought it'd be my last but I'm slowly mellowing to the idea of 2 ... never thought I'd be writing that!!!

I didn't buy any books because I didn't want to freak myself out. For me there is comfort in my (not inconsiderable!) ignorance :rofl:. I'm half dreading ante-natal classes because my little bubble is about to be burst :sad2:.

As for maternity clothes - it's so hard to get decent stuff. I'm going (at some point this week) to buy one of those bump support band things (technical and knowledgeable, that's me LOL) because sometimes I feel like the bump is heavy and it would be really good to have a bit more support.

On the subject of support, hubby bought me a body pillow a while back and it's great if I'm in bed on my own (nap for example) but I find I get tangled in it or get the covers tangled in it if we're both in bed (and we have a kingsize). Any tips for using it a bit more successfully?

I wondered about getting a bump support too, my bump is killing me by the end of the day, I dread to think how heavy it will be by the end!!

It's not too bad if I'm not doing much through the day, but if I'm working and on my feet a lot, it's really tiring. We're going to have fun come summer eh?!

Looking at your ticker, are you viable today gocarlilly?

Well I have it all ahead of me I can tell! And here was me saying I can't wait to have a bump, I hadn't really considered the weight of lugging it around all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->