'Older Mums' buddies thread!

It weighs more than I thought it would Polaris! My bump is relatively small (the pregnancy gods must have decided I had enough lumps and bumps LOL) but sometimes I find it harder to get off the settee ... not the first time I've needed a helping hand to get up LOL.

Sometimes I want a bigger bump because often I think it's not that obvious I'm pregnant, and I would like it to be a bit more obvious ... but then I realise how lucky I am that I'm not huge!! Plenty of time for that I guess .... :baby:

Wow, I didn't expect that bump would be difficult to carry around at 23 weeks. I thought it would maybe coming up to the end alright (although to be honest I don't really tend to think that far ahead, I'm pretty fixated on just getting past First Trimester!).
As you say, plenty of time for you (and me!) to get much bigger yet!

It's probably not the weight that sometimes makes it awkward (she says hopefully) but more that my centre of gravity has shifted and I haven't adjusted yet LOL.

Plus I'm always a bit stiff, must get a pregnancy yoga DVD!

Oh OK that makes sense! Hopefully you will get used to the new centre of gravity over the coming months! LOL.
I'm still looking forward to actually looking pregnant though, instead of just looking like I've had a few too many easter eggs!

It's not too bad if I'm not doing much through the day, but if I'm working and on my feet a lot, it's really tiring. We're going to have fun come summer eh?!

Looking at your ticker, are you viable today gocarlilly?

Yes my LO is now viable, I am so happy, I can't believe I have actually made is this far, I had a m/c last year and feel so lucky :cloud9:

Congratulations avabear! It's amazing to think about really isn't it?

It really is considering it only seems like a few weeks ago since we got our :bfp:! I just have no idea where the time is going!!!

Wow, this thread has really picked up again!

Got my first scan tomorrow, when (by my calculation) I'll be 12 wks - can't wait to see the wee Bean, make sure s/he's definitely in there. Hopefully get to see the midwife at the same appt, as otherwise I still don't see her for another three weeks!

Someone mentioned aging (grand)parents .... 'tis my Nan's birthday tomorrow, she'll be 88 and I think she's just realised that she's now got a reason to stay alive a bit longer! Nobody in our family feels as old as the number of years suggest, so I think we're making a pact to take at least 10 years off our stated age in future!

Good luck with your scan tomorrow! What a lovely birthday present for your nan too!

I know what you mean about making sure there is actually a baby in there, I still don't really believe it myself. When I met the midwife last week, I kept thinking to myself 'But how does she know that I'm actually pregnant? What if it's all a big mistake?'

LOL!! I hope it's not!!

Marleysgirl - Good luck with your scan tomorrow ... hope you get lots of nice pictures for your Nan! :hugs:

Polaris - that is exactly what I said LOL!!! All the daft things that go through our heads just before the first scan ... I had no idea how scary it would be before we did it. And even though I was feeling things by then I was only marginallly more relaxed at the 20 week one! :dohh:

Marleysgirl - Good luck with your scan tomorrow ... hope you get lots of nice pictures for your Nan! :hugs:

Polaris - that is exactly what I said LOL!!! All the daft things that go through our heads just before the first scan ... I had no idea how scary it would be before we did it. And even though I was feeling things by then I was only marginallly more relaxed at the 20 week one! :dohh:

:rofl: Glad I'm not the only one!

well looking at all you and yr news has given me hope as im 41 in may and TTC good luck yo you all

well looking at all you and yr news has given me hope as im 41 in may and TTC good luck yo you all

Good luck on your TTC journey!! I hope it all happens quickly for you.

Hi girls

Fuzzy GL in TTC hun - hope you can soon join us!

Marleysgirl, GL for your scan - hurry back with pics!

Well, I am shattered today, had such a busy weekend, Sat we spent trawling round garden centres and DIY shops looking for patio furniture (still haven't found any we like!) and yesterday I did some gardening in the morning and then spent 5 hours helping DH stain the decking :shock: Can't wait for next weekend cos we are having a night in a posh hotel in Cumbria on Saturday so will be relaxing for a change!

You want the pic then? :D

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Tigsteroonie/Baby/P1020496.jpg

Everything looked fine - definitely only one baby, in the right place, looks about the right size for 11+6 (50mm rump), and with a strong heartbeat. (photo shows head to left, bum to right, with back to camera)

Well, I guess that's it folks, I'm officially PREGNANT !!!!!!!!

Awww cute! Congratulations! How do you feel now you've seen him/her? It's lovely isn't it?

Fuzzy67 - good luck for TTC and hope it happens quickly for you!

You want the pic then? :D

Everything looked fine - definitely only one baby, in the right place, looks about the right size for 11+6 (50mm rump), and with a strong heartbeat. (photo shows head to left, bum to right, with back to camera)

Well, I guess that's it folks, I'm officially PREGNANT !!!!!!!!

Aww congratulations!! Lovely to hear that everything is going well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->