older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Hi I'm Kerry and I'm 31. My son, Xavier is 10 weeks old.

Still on maternity leave and unsure whether I will return to work or not.

Hi Kerry! I would love to stay off work :( I've enjoyed it so much. I have to go back in February

Hi im Jayne, im 31 and have a 10 weeks old baby James! Iv been with DF now for 10 years. I would love another baby but when James is about 3!

Im the deputy manager of a private day nursery where i have worked since i left school! Im currently on mat leave but due to bills etc im looking to go back to work in March :(...luckily thou James will be coming with me!! x

Hi! :hi: Just seen this thread - what a good idea for a group, even if it does make me feel ancient! :haha:

I'm Anna. I'm 33 and mummy to Alyssa, who is almost 22 months old (WHERE has the time gone?) I went back to work full time when she was 6 months old, and my wonderful husband is a SAHD, which Alyssa LOVES! Works well for us, although some days I think hubby would love to get out and be at work and I know that some days I would love to be home instead of him :rofl:

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :flower:

hi kerry, jayne and anna!

my 6month old is currently rushing round the living room in his walker pullingthings off the sides and toppling chairs over whilst i am strapped to the breastpump! heis getting irritated with the lack of attention as have been cleaning windows and am now pumping!

Awww bless him...well James has been very grouchy the past few evening and iv just fed him and he fell asleep but wouldnt go down so iv swaddled him tightly with his arms by his sides and shushed him and he instantly stopped crying was really calm and staring and fell asleep iv put him down no problem at all and he is flat out....im worrying now cos he hasnt woken or fought it :haha:!

Hi, I'm Denise and I'm 37 and certainly don't feel 'old' at all. Gabriel is my one and only and recently turned 9 months. I've been back at work since he was 2 months old and my OH is a SAHD.
:wave:

:wave: Can I join too ?
I am 38 yrs old and am the mother to four daughters 20,19,18 and 9 months.. We are TTC just one more because there is such an age difference between the girls we feel it is important to have a sibling close to Emily's age. I would have like to wait till Emily was two to TTC but we had a difficult time conceiving last time and feel it will be the same this time. Plus we aren't getting any younger ( DH is 42 ).

wow future_numan - thats an impressive gap, i have a 10 yr gap between my daughters and my son. My DH doesnt want anymore but it makes me sad for my LO that he wont have a close sibbling. He is doted on by his sisters though. Good luck with TTC :dust: :hugs:

future - i'd love another but DH doesnt and we only have a small 3 bed flat and a move to a 4 bed is impossible as they cost at least 250,000 pounds!

i'm so glad that there are more of us on here. at one point i thought that this thread was going to fall flat!

denise i remember you from the pregnancy buddies older mummy section. how's it going?

It's going well. Gabriel is already cruising the furniture. He's 100% motivated to be as mobile as possible.

lol! owen doesnt want to crawl, he likes his walker and has strong legs and can pull up to standing! he's not a little baby any more!!!

They grow up so fast. Gabriel looks more grown up every day. I can't believe I'll have to call him a toddler soon.
6 months is still pretty early for crawling for most babies.

Alex is not interesting in crawling either! He likes to sit about. My eldest daughter was rolling all over the floor at this age but my middle daughter didnt even sit unaided until 8 months so I know they are all differentI really need to get a fire guard for when he is on the move though - he is mesmerised but the flames in our log burning stove!

Emily has just started to show interest in moving. She would push herself around backwards for the last few weeks but now she is starting to get up on her knees.

she'll be on the move by Christmas I expect! I just want Alex to be crawling by 9 months as I am back to work then and its one milestone I dont want to miss!

amy - the thought of work fills me with dread!

denise - i love your new avatar! gabriel looks so cute and peaceful!

I love being back at work. I get to interact with other adults and in some ways it's my 'me' time.
I hope Alex crawls for you before you go back, but if not he may do it first on a weekend or in the evening when you're home to see it.

maybe- I well up when I think about going back to work! :dohh:

seity - I know what you mean about "me time" - I used to feel the same when I jsut had my girls. I dont know why I feel different this time - maybe its because he's my last and I dont want it to end? :shrug: i'm sure I'll be fine once I'm back in the swing of things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->