older yummy mummy thread (30+)

I lost all my baby weight through breastfeeding too and I'm the same weight as I was before but I'm just a different shape, I'm all wobbly and muffin-toppy so I need to maybe get rid of 7-14lbs and shape up a bit - what with this being the yummy mummy thread n'all :). All my old clothes fit, but don't fit, if you know what I mean?!

I'm going to do the healthy eating/exercise route. I am the same weight I was pre-pregnancy, but I was heavy then too :blush: I would love to lose 6 stone *ashamed*

Have you got an idea of a timeline you want to achieve that in, Anna? The first 2 or 3 stone will probably come off pretty easily which will be a great morale booster :happydance:

I would love to lose it over the course of the year. 6 stones over 52 weeks is an average of 1.6 lbs per week which I read is a healthy rate of weight loss. Just need to get cracking :)

I would still be overweight by most people's standards, but if I was 14 stone at 5'9" I think I would be doing okay :)

That definitely sounds like an achievable and realistic goal!

Let the healthy eating & fitness regimes commence! :winkwink:

That sounds like a very good goal and very sensible.

I'll join you all on the weight loss and fitness thing! I have tried really hard, which is tricky with breastfeeding to get right balance, and have lost a stone and a bit so far. My aim was to lose 2 stone by the summer as my bro is getting married, but seen as though I have done quite well so far (well, until this last two weeks! :dohh: ) I think I might aim for 2 and a half in total! That would take me back to pre baby weight! I didn't lose it in between the two of them so I think my last stone will take a bit of shifting! I am going to stick to the old weight watchers points scheme as I have the stuff and am trying to avoid paying for classes if i can manage it myself!
Good Luck girls! :thumbup:

Happy Birthday,Seraphim:happydance:

Seity..I can donate to you that 5lbs you needto gain back:haha:

Amy..you were right, Emily started crawling on Christmas Eve:dohh:

I wish I was back to my :dohh:pre-pregnancy weight :dohh: I nursed :dohh:too but never lose any weight after Emily's birth. I think I am enjoying being home and not as busy as I was at work:blush:
I would love to lose about 20 lbs but can't keep motivated.. I hope to lose some weight before we conceive again...maybe ?!?!

I seem to get a lot of offers for that 5 lbs. :haha:

I breastfeed but eat lots of crap too so maybe that cancels it out! x

I eat a lot of crap, but I play a lot of hockey, so I think they cancel each other out and then I get the BF added on top.

Yesterday I was giving hubby a lie-in, he was working the night before. It was a bit of a crappy day... today we went to the donkey sanctuary ;)

I went straight back to pre-pregnancy weight, but very 'squooshy'. I can't even begin to think about doing anything to improve it yet, still living on sugar high :blush:

Amy..you were right, Emily started crawling on Christmas Eve:dohh:

:haha: wow thats brilliant! ALex is showing interest in moving about, he can shuffle himself all over the place and does go on all fours but he has one leg he cant quite get out :haha:

seraphim - I am 4 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight but DH doesnt believe me becasue I am also very squooshy :haha: I love that word, i just have a very different body shape now. I used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week but I havent been for about a year now. I have muffin tops :haha:

sorry have not been on here in ages!!! soooooo busy! the diet starts monday! need to lose 2 stone :dohh: need to lose 1 by end of feb if possible as my DH has his passing out parade then and there's a party after and we have to dress nice!!!

Here a interesting fact for all of us... 14 lbs = 1 stone ..
I always see "stone" on here and wondered what it was in pounds..
I googled it:haha:

Ahhhh, I HEART donkey sanctuaries! I have an adopted donkey at a place up in Oxford!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->