older yummy mummy thread (30+)

I wouldn't truly be able to call our style of parenting UP, but we DO talk about consequences of actions, and good/bad choices. Alyssa is not naughty, but the behaviour choice she makes can be. We work with unconditional love and support, and use lots of hugs. We don't use time-outs, but talk about having some time to calm down and relax. Alyssa and I just made some Calm-Down Jars today to help her focus and relax when frustrated or tantruming. Here is the link, if anyone is interested: https://www.littleheartsbooks.com/2011/10/06/toddlers-tantrums-and-time-ins-oh-my/

What is UP ?
I haven't really had much of any issue with Emily as of yet, but I assume that will change once baby arives.
I do have a little boy who I will be looking after who has some major bahaviour issues. He is partly deaf so I am going to assume he is frustrated because he can't communicate his feelings ( he is 2 1/2 ) plus his parents over indulge him because of his disablity so he is very used to throwing a fit to get what he wants..

UP is Unconditional Parenting
https://www.positive-parenting-ally.com/unconditional-parenting.html

anna - thanks for that link! looks good :)

future - how's the pregnancy going?

Both are great links, Anna.. thanks:thumbup:

Maybe... the pregnancy is going good.. can't beleive how fast !
I feel pretty good and have had just slight SPD so far.
Only thing is I feel so much more moody compared o Emily..:blush:

future - love the name you've chosen. pregnancy seems to go faster the more kids you have! less time to think about it all the time i think!

anna - how's things going?

i'm going out on friday night to a colleague's retirement do and my mum is keeping e and o and MIL keeping d as dan is working nights and that means saturday morning i get the 2nd lie in since owen was born :) :yipee: i think i'm more excited by the prospect of a lie in than the night out :rofl:

Maybe, I would be too. I haven't even been alone in the house for more than 15 mins since Emily was born. Let alone a chance to sleep in:dohh:

Thanks, DH is in love with the first name ( his choice) as Harrison means " son of Harry" and his name is Henry which is close to Harry... son of Henry is Henderson:sick:.lol.
I wasn't in love with the name at first but it has grown on me.
Edwards is my beloved grandmother's maiden name ( baby is due on her birthday)
We haven't told any of our family the name yet.
We wanted to wait till we knew for sure what it was going to be that... still might change our minds yet !!!

I am excited for this weekend, we are having a 4D u/s Sunday. We did it with Emily and it was a great experience. It gives the older girls a chance to bond with the baby.. since they are all in school or living independently.
The grandparents were thrilled over it too

future - how exciting! i loved scans :) we changed our minds with owen's name. first it was Cole, then Aaron, then Owen :haha:

Everything good here, except for the fact that I'm the last of the four of us to have this cold. Since I'm breastfeeding, there's nothing I can take for it either, except paracetamol :dohh:

Caroline laughed out loud for the first time today :cloud9: Made her daddy's day- it's his birthday today, and he was cuddling her and making funny noises at her at the time :)

Anna, I can hardly beleive Caroline is almost 2 months already:dohh:
Gosh, time has flown.
So sorry about the cold. It is even worst when there is no way to releive it.

I came down with the stomach flu 2 days before Christmas. It went through the whole house and ended with me.

Maybe, We still might change our minds. I posted it on here so I have a chance to keep looking at the name... to see if I really love it.
I am so torn as DH seems to really like Harrison but he has suggested maybe we use it as a middle name...
Picking a boy name is so hard.
We have Emily's name picked by 23 weeks and I am still in love with all my daughters names...

How is everyone ?

I am starting to feel the effects of being couped up by ol' man winter.
I really shouldn't complain since we have hardly had any snow and the cold hasn't been so bad.
But since there really isn't much frost in the ground and with the temps going up and down.. our roads are awfully muddy so it's not easy to get outside:dohh:

One the plus side I have started to book sites for camping for next summer.:happydance:
Camping is so hugely popular that we have to book 5 months ahead of time.

Yes, where are all the older yummy mummies?
Future - where are you going on your camping hols?
x

I'm still here - sorry! :flower:

All well here....Caroline is 12 weeks old :shock: and Alyssa is now 3 and starts nursery tomorrow at the primary school she'll attend. She's going to do 8:45-11:45 every morning. Her little school uniform is all ironed and ready. Where has my baby gone? :cry:

Future - Hope you're feeling well. Where will you be camping?

Mork - How are you?

x

Mork, I am in Ontario Canada so our options are vast when it comes to camping..

Anna, I like to do the provincal parks ( seem more controlled when it comes to rules) so we are going to Sandbanks for Canada weekend, then Arrowhead in Huntsville for Aug long weekend..

Lil' man will be only about 6 - 7 weeks old when we attempt of first camping trip.. which we would attempt if we were still tenting it but we bought a trailer last year so it should be much easier.

Sounds lovely for your first holiday with lil man future :)
Annabanana - I am good thanks for asking - in that stage where i have all the energy and nothing is too uncomfortable!! (making the most of it!) Hows little caroline?
Hope everyone is ok?
xx

:wave: Great to hear you're both doing so well :)

Future - those camping trips sound fantastic. I'm really missing home and wonder when we'll next get back to Canada. Airfare is so blooming expensive!

The girls are doing well. Alyssa loves preschool and Caroline is growing fast.

Anna, with the cost of fuel on the rise I dought air will come down anytime soon.. they figure a liter of gas will be $ 1.70 by May:dohh:

Time is flying.. Caroline is 3 1/2 months already !!! We need some updated pctures soon.
It's kinda sad when our " babies" start their way to indepence and start pre-school.. so glad she loves it tho.

Mork, How are you feeling ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->