Ombre hair

Pearls18

Reaction score
Anyone done this? I desperately want a change in my hair, for years I've just been going for trims every several months and chucking a box dye on, so it's not in great condition. I'd like something low maintenance, I can't get to a hair dresser too often as I work full time, we've just moved so I don't know any hair dressers or salons, just wondered if anyone had any advice? (I'm not going to attempt myself!) I have dark hair but there's a lot of dye on it at the moment.

Ombres are low maintainance, if the top of the hair is close to your natural colour you wont have problems with roots.

Have a consultation with a hairdresser, dont be afraid to go to a few and take their card and pricing. They will be able to advise the best way to go and consider your hairs current condition and what options you have.

I bit the bullet one day and had only booked in for a cut and blow dry but came out with a new ombre look. I love it as its very low maintenance and the colours blend very well in my hair. My natural colour is dark brown and I'd never had anything blonde put in but thats what I went for and it was a nice change.

I have an ombré, my hairdresser recommended it for low maintenance. I have dark brown hair but the ends are blonde. I like it, but I would say if you want to be able to see the difference you either need long hair or to go quite a bit lighter. I ended up going back as I felt I couldn't really tell I had, had it done

That's everyone, my hair is past my shoulders. It's just very flat, every time I ask for more layers but it just doesn't seem to look any different, though maybe some different colour would help.

I have ombré and tbh it looks the same as when I went in! Blonde but with massive roots. I'd have it done again but only if my hair was at least shoulder length. It's a long bob atm and just not long enough to see a difference

I agree with everyone else, I love mine although my hairdresser called mine smudging as I had 3 colours faded into mine. I had it done months ago and I've not been temped to dye it or have it touched up which is very unlike me!

I've done ombré on my hair using a home kit for a couple of years now. It's so easy to do and needs no maintenance. I'm bad at dying my hair but it's so easy to do c

I have ombré. I'm naturally mousey brown and had been darkening my hair for years. I decided to go natural and used temp dyes whilst the dark grew out, then had it cut short. I let it grow to just above my shoulders and had blonde put through the bottom. I'm still growing my hair back to its original length (it's just below my bra strap now) and I'm ashamed to say I haven't touched my hair in 14 months! Because I don't dye or straighten my hair and I minimally blow dry it, I am only just starting to get split ends. I don't want to cut it but realistically I need to now.

Mines brown to dark blonde, it's soooo low maintenance and I think it looks nice! Did it myself ages ago and still a fan :haha:

Mines naturally ombre, my hair always grows in darker than the rest, which is a bit of a mix of dark and light blondes. I still have some more lighter blonde highlights added to get it a bit lighter and I love it. It is very low maintenance, and if done right doesn't look dyed. It probably does help that I don't dye my roots either! I wanted something different without a permanent change so I dyed it purple over everything and I LOVE it! And it's not permanent

I have an ombré and now baylayage (subtle ombré) not sure how to upload a picture off my iPhone but if you have Instagram my hairdresser is hx hair and she's amazing at it, she does loads if you wanted to check her pics out. I went from bleach blonde to my natural brown root into a golden into a silver blonde. I use a silver shampoo once a week and I don't have to have it topped up until mid January she advised.

I think iv done it? This was when I first had it done but it looks so much better now as dying brown onto the blonde was harder than blending my natural root. This was 6 months ago and I've had it done only twice since.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 24
I got mine done a few months ago. I loved it for about a week but then it just seemed to blend into my hair so you can't really tell [unless my hair is super straight but it's naturally frizzy/wavy/curly] which is fine but didn't accomplish the big change I was going for lol. But my hair started off really dark so she didn't want to ruin my hair by doing something drastic. It is definitely low maintenance, though, which is nice!

Attachments

• 11195494_1110944835588062_1056547045_n.jpg
    11195494_1110944835588062_1056547045_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
Amazing hair girls!!!!

I've got a red ombré and it's really low maintenance which is what I wanted. I had streaks prelightened so when it fades I can chuck on a brightish red dye myself and it will keep the same effect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 13
This is mine. I like it because it is low maintenance. However I get terrible split ends, as my hairs been lightened about 4 shades.
But last time I had ombre, I kept it for 2 years until I had it redone (I still had cuts as I pleased)

I'm not too sure now how I feel about my hair, I feel blah!!

I've had it a few times it is fine as long as the top part is close to the colour of your natural hair

Thanks everyone, I had a consultation with a hairdresser last week, I'm having a similar colour put on top (one shade darker I think) and then it's going to be caramelly ends, I'm not going for full on bleached ends, will see how it is, I have it done next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->