OMG - HIP Grant

I sent mine feb, Never did it by recorded del and I got mine :/

I think if anyone does manage to persuade their midwife to give them another form it's prob better to just post it in the envelope it comes in in case the HIP people are refusing to sign for them and that's they we're all having exactly the same message coming up when we try and track it as it does seem odd.

Its just the governments way of not having to paying everyone i bet, the tight bs.

I've not even been given mine by my midwife and I don't see her again until I'm 32 weeks, so thats 7 weeks worth of waiting I've missed out on.

Ladies who have had theirs lost by royal mail, is there no way you can get it compensated for by royal mail?

Wouldnt think so as I doubt anyone sent it insured for up to £190. Plus it wasnt cash just a form so to RM would be worth just the stamp price.

for those of you who's forms are lost and you won't be issued with another one, i reckon you'd have a good case if you went on the bbc watchdog website and reported it as they're good at getting on people's cases on your behalf and could push for payment...especially as the government would be able to see on your files whether or not the money has been paid out to an individual so there shouldn't be risk of duplication!!

I totally agree with you, wishingonastar. thats a lot of money to be losing out just because a bit of paper has gone missing and no-one will give you another!

Oh no... I didn't send mine recorded as it had a pre-paid envelope... I really really really hope it arrives.

Gosh - I am used to rubbish helplines, but this one sounds the worst - and what a rubbish system if you can't even be allowed another form when Royal Mail or the HiP people have lost yours! Grrrrr!

I finally got a form (after weeks of trying) and was about to post it tomorrow morning - now I'm thinking I should send it Recorded Delivery (though we really shouldn't need to be going to so much trouble/expense, should we?) -
But then, it sounds as though that isn't working well either?!

Not sure what is best - but many thanks for your experiences, as mine is just bound to get lost (that's the kind of thing that happens to me) - I'm sorry so many of you have had these problems.

As wishingonastar said - sounds the kind of thing that Watchdog or a national newspaper would be very interested to hear about (Wednesday Guardian is the kind of paper that I reckon would love to have that info) - anyone got media contacts?

I sent mine recorded delivery almost 2 weeks ago and have just check Royal mails site and mine did get there and was signed for, we have printed out the proof they got it so if they now say they didn't get it we can prove they signed for it. It is worth while sending it recorded. Just want you all to know mine did get there. Hope this helps take care :hugs: XX

I rang tday to see if they had mine to be told
Please ring back after may 6th if u havent heard anything by then we will have cleared backlog and be able to search the system for you

they sound like right idiots!! Sent my form in mid Feb, checked yesterday and not there ubt i havent even bothered calling or anything, wouldnt surprise me if i dont get it but from the sounds of things it's not too understandable i'm not holding my breath!! lol
xxxx

arnt the hip people supposed to send us a letter to confirm that we are getting the grant paid out ?
x

If you lose your claim form
If you had a claim form but you can't find it you'll need to get another one from your midwife or doctor as quickly as possible. This is because they will need to complete their parts of the form and sign it before you have your baby. Remember to send your completed claim form to the Health in Pregnancy Office so that they receive it within 31 days of your midwife or doctor signing it.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ngupchildren/HealthinPregnancyGrant/DG_173505

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->