OMG, I went all Bazil Fawlty

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Now.........I KNOW this was the wrong behaviour (and that there is the possibility of someone in the scenario below having mobility issues. ................but OMG, I just lost it.

Our hospital car parks have been redone. There is less as obv, staff need to park so for visitors there are not many spaces. There are disabled ones.......and these I see free.
So I go in the car park and look for a space.........as I drive along I see not 1, not 2 but SIX people parked over 2 spaces or so that the spaces beside them are unusable.

I find a space after driving round and think well...........its an X5, but its just over the line a little I will fit in.

Well I did.

But cant open ANY doors. as I have like 3-4cm each side.....so by this point my pregnancy hormones are RAGING. Ive got Emma upset cos she wants to see her nana, and Ive had to park the opposite end of the hospital to where I have to be. So I pull forward and their GIGANTIC wheel rim trim things take off the bump strip on my car.....I drive out and storm back. pick it ip and then twat the wheel of the X5 numerous times with the bump strip whilst growlling (at this point a man was laughing at me!)

Then I left them a note telling them that they P.L.A.C.

I drove on and found MORE spaces like this............I've never been so irate! and NOT looking forward to trying to park for my scan next week...........the whole debarkle took me 20 mins.

Then.............................................I get home and in my flats car park everyone has QE2 syndrome and has left about 4ft between each car...........big but not big enough for even a smart car so in the rain I had to park opposite end to where my flat is - and in front of someone's house - - so then had to go and move it later.

How hard is it to park considerately?! I have a scenic, its not big but its not small and I can get it into a car space easily!!!! Why do peopled buy HUGE ass cars.........then just park them like they are abandoned?!?!?!?! Like its a right!

:rofl:

ahh hun you sound just like me!!

i cant stand the way people park & why people have to own such massive cars...

i can understand if they need a 7 seater but oh my god you dont need a sodding great big bus!!!

i get mega angry trying to park.

xxxx

I dunno why people need 4x4s in a city either. makes me angry.

I live in a town, I have a 4x4, I have a disabled daughter and of all the cars on offer, this met our needs the best, big wide flat tailgate into the massive boot to get the wheelchair in, wide doors with a high jamb so I can get Abby in without giving her a concussion. And as a plus, when we visit up north in the winter we won't get stuck. Let's not forget many people visiting cities come from the country. And rural Aberdeenshire is a nightmare in the winter.

If I were in a car park that was nearly full, I'd never park over two spaces, but if it were half empty, I would. I've been in situations before where idiots have boxed me in so I can't get Abby into the car. But in this case the disabled spaces were free, so that's no excuse.

ARI is terrible for parking and has been since I remember. Whenever I go, I park somewhere near Westburn or Rosemount and get on a bus. Not ideal with the bairn, or when pregnant, but better for my blood pressure.

Oh dear this annoys me too, I would of parked there though and climbed out through the boot lmao

I live in a town, I have a 4x4, I have a disabled daughter and of all the cars on offer, this met our needs the best, big wide flat tailgate into the massive boot to get the wheelchair in, wide doors with a high jamb so I can get Abby in without giving her a concussion. And as a plus, when we visit up north in the winter we won't get stuck. Let's not forget many people visiting cities come from the country. And rural Aberdeenshire is a nightmare in the winter.

If I were in a car park that was nearly full, I'd never park over two spaces, but if it were half empty, I would. I've been in situations before where idiots have boxed me in so I can't get Abby into the car. But in this case the disabled spaces were free, so that's no excuse.

ARI is terrible for parking and has been since I remember. Whenever I go, I park somewhere near Westburn or Rosemount and get on a bus. Not ideal with the bairn, or when pregnant, but better for my blood pressure.

See I did wonder if it was disabled, but surely even then if some one HAD to do that you would put your disabled badge up so that folk can see, as then I think that it IS acceptable. But this time there were actually disabled spaces free that I walked past.

I did have an ex that used to do it............so that is CITROEN SAXO didnt get bashed?!

I was going to go up to visti my mum today but I feel bleugh so going up in the evening........when its quieter.

Oh dear this annoys me too, I would of parked there though and climbed out through the boot lmao

I did consider this, but I dont know how to open my boot from inside. haha

i was with my mum today, she had parked perfectly square in the space so we could all get out..
off we went to do out shopping, on our return both cars either side had parked soooo close none of us could get in any door except the boot.. im a size 6 & i couldnt even open the door to get in..so yep muggins here had climb in through the boot. over the seats into the drivers seat & reverse the car out..
then we held everyone up loading LO in & the pushchair, shopping etc..

xx

This is precisely the reason why I don't drive. I can't abide other peoples stupidity and ignorance.

Try a hot cup of chocolate and a good book, might help calm you down.

I've only ever been to Aberdeen once and that was for New Year 2009, if that's a typical winter I feel for anyone living there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->