OMG! My Little Girl Has SO Much Hair! Crazy Ultrasound Pics....

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
I had a new ultrasound done on Friday (they're making me do two a week now for NST and biophysical) and during the ultrasound, the tech pointed out that LO had a significant amount of hair. Lol. One of the pics is her head and all the little lines coming out from it by the arrow is hair. The other one that shows hair is the one of her foot with little lines beyond the toes. She's in a breech position and at that angle her head is behind her foot so the hair is visible. She showed me the hair at the front first which is in the foot pics and its a lot but fairly short, but when she spun around to the back or head, the length of her hair is insane, the other PIC doesn't even do it justice. She literally has a mullet. Lmao. :haha:I wish you ladies could if seen it real time, BC like I said the pics don't do justice to what I actually saw. Like I might need to pack ponytails to the hospital in her bag lol:haha: BC I could probably put it in one. I was completely bald as a newborn.

Have any of you been showed this amount of hair and did lo actually have tons of hair? What is everyones experiences with lo hair in US's? Curious as to what to expect.....

Attachments

• 54a6ca74d5eda8506b000003.jpg
    54a6ca74d5eda8506b000003.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 54a6ca64ff86d9da5e000003.jpg
    54a6ca64ff86d9da5e000003.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 54a6ca6dd5eda83ba5000003.jpg
    54a6ca6dd5eda83ba5000003.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 93
  • 54a6ca56d5836229a0000003.jpg
    54a6ca56d5836229a0000003.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 145
Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm only 34 weeks! Does that mean it'll be nearly to her shoulders by the time I'm full term? He he he.....

Cute!! My daughter was bald til she was 1 :rofl: was this an NHS scan?

Sorry I just spotted you're in the us.

There's an old wives' tale that if a baby has a lot of hair the mum has worse heartburn.n probably not true but interesting to know if you're suffering badly with heartburn?

I've had some heartburn, but nothing rolaids doesn't cure quickly. But interestingly enough that wives tales actually has some scientific research backing it. Just BC you get heartburn doesn't mean that your life will have hair, but there is a hormone that is created when their hair is forming that can potentially cause heartburn. Unfortunately, one does not equal the other but they're are links between the two. Fortunately I have been spared of the crazy heartburn thus far...hopefully that continues til dd

That's really interesting! Both my children were born with a reasonable head of hair and I did have some heartburn. Glad to hear you haven't suffered too badly!

I had horrific heartburn with my daughter and as I say she was bald til she was one!!

Like I said research has showed that just BC you have heartburn does not equal a head full of hair but there are links between heartburn and hair. Heartburn in itself is a common symptom of pregnancy even with bald baby BC of all the internal shifting and the acid simply not having any where to go, but some heartburn or excessive heartburn during pregnancy CAN indicate hair BC while it is growing it causes you to produce a hormone that increases stomach acid, ie heartburn will be present esp. BC of the stomach already being inclined to give you heartburn. Its interesting to say the least
Here are some articles:
https://www.pregnancymagazine.com/p...ng-pregnancy-mean-your-baby-has-a-lot-of-hair

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17150070

https://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20411876,00.html

I had bad heartburn with my dd and she was bald til she was one!!! However with ds I had heartburn 10x worst then my daughters, even prescription grade meds did nothing (cry worthy pain), and he was born with a head full of hair!

Heartburn can be a side effect of estrogen and estrogen helps hair production so there is def some degree of truth scientifically!

OP those shots are ADORABLE, her little toes are so perfect. :flow:

I had bad heartburn with my dd and she was bald til she was one!!! However with ds I had heartburn 10x worst then my daughters, even prescription grade meds did nothing (cry worthy pain), and he was born with a head full of hair!

Heartburn can be a side effect of estrogen and estrogen helps hair production so there is def some degree of truth scientifically!

OP those shots are ADORABLE, her little toes are so perfect. :flow:

Oh, thank you so much. Makes me proud, lol.:blush:

I've had ridiculous heartburn for weeks, scan at 32 weeks showed a full head of hair and 36 week scan showed even more! I've been cracking jokes to OH that 1) We're really having a puppy and 2) She's going to come out with a pony tail. The funny part that I too was completely bald as a baby (No eyelashes or finger nails either) so I'm blaming this entirely on her daddy.

I went to an us at forty weeks and tech kept making comments about how much hair he had! I was nervous he was going to come out covered!! We could see it moving around and everything. When he was born it was a totally average amount..not too much at all :) and I had terrible heartburn also.

She's a cutie! Love the pics!!

I've had ridiculous heartburn for weeks, scan at 32 weeks showed a full head of hair and 36 week scan showed even more! I've been cracking jokes to OH that 1) We're really having a puppy and 2) She's going to come out with a pony tail. The funny part that I too was completely bald as a baby (No eyelashes or finger nails either) so I'm blaming this entirely on her daddy.

He he, I've been saying the same jokes. I told my friend today that if its this long at 34 weeks, it'll be at her feet by 40, lol.

I went to an us at forty weeks and tech kept making comments about how much hair he had! I was nervous he was going to come out covered!! We could see it moving around and everything. When he was born it was a totally average amount..not too much at all :) and I had terrible heartburn also.

She's a cutie! Love the pics!!

Thank you, honestly, watching it on the screen was insane. It was floating all around like she'd stuck her finger in a light socket. Haha. I made a joke that she looked like Albert Einstein, lol, it was sticking up everywhere BC of the fluid, haha. :dohh:

I had heartburn with both of my two and both were born with a good amount of hair. My daughter had more than my son, but neither had as much as me when I was born. I had loads of thick black hair! Of course it all fell out and now my hair is dark brown :-(

my son had a crazy head of hair too he even had highlights and sideburns I had a shocking amout of heartburn with him and this babys the same im guessing with tons of hair on his head lol its got to the point where im waking up with tmi vomit on my throat because of the heartbun :(

Ugh....I am SO grateful to have been spared the crazy insane heartburn even with her having tons of hair! I truly feel for those of you who have to try to cope with it.

I had a 3d ultrasound with my daughter and she had crazy dark hair floating around! She looked like Elvis! Haha! Sure enough she was born with a head full, she needed a barrette to keep her bangs back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->