OMGosh...so nervous!

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
I don't know how I am going to make it through the next few days. Does anyone else get this nervous for their lap? I am getting my lap/hysterscopy, and D&C on Wednesday. I have terrible butterflies! OK...breathe Tina... Maybe I will have a cup of tea and a bath to try and calm myself.

I wasn't nervous for mine, all I could think of was maybe they would find something they could fix and it would be what I needed to conceive. Oh, and having the week off work wasn't bad either. I really had not much pain afterwards and the bleeding was minimal due to the D&C. I have to say having it done improved my quality of life immensely! They removed endo and a polyp, since then AF has been a piece of cake...not nearly as painful or heavy! Good luck, and keep us updated :)

I was really nervous before mine as I'd never had a general anesthetic before, but it was all fine - everyone at the hospital was really nice and after a few days rest everything was ok.

Try not to worry about it too much. One minute you are chatting to anethatists, the next minute you are back in the ward having a bit of toast. There is some discomfort and the general makes you feel out of it afterwards but other than that its fine. I was nervous too but there was no need to be. The thought of it is much worse than reality. Hope it all goes well for you and just think it will be over in less than three days. Yippee.

I wasn't nervous untill I was in the anaesthetic room next to the operating room. It was the worry of the canula going in that made me nervous. But i'd had the "magic cream" on my hands so there was no need to worry. That stuff is amazing!
I was cold too which made me shake but the nurse was great, holding my hand like my Mum :)
After drifting of to sleep, the next thing you're being woken up!
I had a lot of morphine and anaesthetic (so the nurse said to a patient who was concerned about me! Lol, how sweet) so it took hours for me to properly wake up.

I was sore afterwards and you will most likely be bloated, but it's bearable.

Good luck and try not to worry too much. It will be fine :)

Hi Jasmak,

Good luck for your opearation tomorrow.

It is understandable to be nervous but I am sure you will be completely fine.

I had a Laperoscopy, Hysterescopy and ovarian drilling on the 12th March.

It is a good idea to ask your doctor to prescribe you a pre-med, this is a tablet that will relax you before your operation. Another good thing to request is an extra blanket whilest you wait to go into surgery so that you have it post op.
I am not sure if anyone else is the same but I always come out of surgery beyond freezing and this time with my extra blanking I was so much happier.
Also keep a snack bar in your drawer in case you are hungry when you wake up and your lunch isn't ready, remember you won't have eaten since the night before and your sugar levels might be a bit low.
Oh and take as much time as you need before you check out, you will obviously feel a bit groggy.

You will also need a nice comfy pair of granny panties and loose trousers that won't put pressure on your stomach, it is all about comfort not fashion.
I did feel quite nauseous afterwards but some flat Coke worked wonders.

You will probably get some painkillers because the gas that your FS is going to put in your stomach has an effect on the diaphram which makes the shoulders sore.

After that it is all about just taking it easy.

It is all so worth it to find out what the problem is and hopefully get it all sorted out there and then.

My FS found endometreosis and saw that my ovaries were to thick and smooth and required ovarian drilling to help me to ovulate more regularly. This month my CD21 came back 50 so things are already looking up.

:hug: let us know how you are doing.

Take care

An excellent thread to read regarding these ops is this one by Becki:
https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...3-hystoscopy-laparoscopy-dye.html#post1678408

Good luck for tommorrow will be thinking of you. I've got mine may 14th and really nervous too but everybody says it is fine, take care x

I was horribly nervous prior to my lap & dye, but i need not have been!
They we're so lovely and caring, my FS who performed the op help my hand whilst the anaesthetist gave me gas (i have a terrible phobia of needles too :dohh:) two puffs of that and the next thing i knew i was awake, feeling groggy and uncomfortable but not in pain tbh.
Good luck! Be thinking of you! :hugs:

Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Thanks everyone. I have read all your messages, and it makes me feel better to hear everyone's stories and experiences. I am really nervous about the darn needle, and I really hope that I am not in alot of pain afterward..because, quite honestly, I am a bit of a wimp. But, at the same time, I am soooo looking forward to this procedure because I am hoping that they find something and fix it so that I can have a successful pregnancy. Thanks again everyone. My surgery is at 12:30pm tomorrow, and I am supposed to be there by 11am.

Good luck for your surgery!!! :hug:

JAS- Best wishes for your surgery recovery... I had a D&C in 2002 and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I have had a few surgeries and this was just the scariest beforehand. I think it's a sensitive area! I did well, though and the docs were great. Best wishes! Hurry back to us with good news!

Mendy- Baby dust to you for tomorrows test! I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best luck ever!!

Good luck thinking of you today! it was such an emotional time for me as i found out my tubes were completely blocked. I feel tons better now as had an answer to my problems. xxx

Hi Jasmak

how are you feeling? i had mine done on saturday- i was petrified to say the least, but so glad it is all over, was sore for a few days but bearable, just tired really! my scars look pretty yuk at the moment, but i am not worried about that. my consultant said i can start trying again when i feel ready, a tad excited but also nervous, it seems like one step forward one step back all the time, hopefully not this time round!

let me know how you are getting on hunny, enjoy the resting

Good luck with trying hopeandfaith. Hopefull those tubes are blasted clean and the journey will be smoother now.

Thanks everyone. It's 9am, and I leave in an hour and a half!!! Eeeek! I will be OK though. I am actually doing pretty good on the nerves today...so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->