On a major budget this xmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My side fo the family....aunts, uncles, parents, cousins...have whats called a "scrooge" Christmas..... We buy one gift each for about $20 canadian...maybe 10 pounds....wrap it up and then take turns picking 1 gift out...opening it....then the next person can either take your gift...or choose another one from tree........next person has the same choice...take either of opened gifts or choose a new one. If someone takes your gift...you can steal someone elses...or pick a new one.....
It is soooooo much fun ......and everyone leaves with a gift.

I don't even want to think about budgets right now..............
I will buy some cards and mail them out......a first for me...LOL

We arent buying anything this year, we dont have children to buy for anyway. Im going to make personalised christmas cards for everyone but thats it. We arent even having a tree. Christmas is pretty much non existent this year.

We are both on a debt management program this year which leaves us both with about £150 a month each to spend on food shopping and any extras we need. Luckily Chris bought all of his presents before we started this debt management program, but I haven't.

This month my spare money is going to a weekend away for me and Chris, next month it is going to Caitlin's birthday parties and Xmas pressies and in Decemeber I will have about £200 to spend on pressies for the rest of the family and anything else we may want. So luckily this year we're doing ok.

were all saving for a big family holiday next year so trying to save money BIG time this year, spent well over 1500 last year which just wasnt right so....

Me, OH, sis, sis's OH, mum and dad are all doing secret santa, Because were all older we dont need presents so we said £30 and thats it and everyone gets a present. But you couldnt get your OH so you could get a personal present for them.

So me and Kyle have put a limit of £50 to spend on each other. And £50 each on Jacob.

then i spent £20 on me best friend and £10 voucher on each of her kids and a box of chocolates to send to her house for her mum etc.

Then i went Macro and got a creete of wine for £30 and will just hand them out to everyone that 'pops' in :rofl: and thats me basically done.

oh bar OH's family whose 4 older sisters and bros get a £5 voucher for theshers (wine shop) and his mum a box of chocolates and 20 euro's for his lil bro(lives in spain) and thats it...

No other family will get presents this year :) Xxxx

This may or may not be useful to save money, but I plan on baking cookies and found some hard plastic Christmas bowls in Poundland. The recipes are coming from the internet. I will be putting them in the bowls, wrapping them up and tying them with ribbons. These will be given as gifts to people.

Luckily I've finished geting Kyles christmas prezzies in as I started earlier and got major bargains on a Toys R Us sale, we did go a wee bit overboard but when the time comes I'll just seperate some into his birthday pile, as its his birthday 2 months later and most of the stuff we've got him is for a year and onwards.

Thought I'd let you know that asda are doing 2 for £8 on some kids toys, I noticed this the other day. I doubt it'll be in the gift aisle though, so check down with the rest of the toys xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back