On christmas eve do you put the gifts out alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmaduke

Reaction score
On christmas eve I always do the whole Santa's been alone, OH is usually asleep or watching something.
He will make anything that needs doing but he tells me he likes it to be a surprise for him too when he walks in the playroom christmas morning.

I actually like doing it alone as I can lay it all out how I want it, I'm fairly sure he would make a present mountain and that would be it.
When it's all ready it makes me so excited for the next morning & of course I snap a pic for the santa's been thread.
Then I wrap up the door in christmas paper so she can burst through on christmas morning.
(must remember not to close the door first this year :dohh:)

So what happens at your house? x

oH tries to help but I usually rearrange cause I like things my way haha.

DH doesn't help but i prefer it that way because he'd probably choose to bring his own presents down and feel them all to try and figure out what they are.
Also he would just stack LOs up in a heap then i'd have to re-do them! haha easier to do it alone! x

It depends on dhs shift in work I have done it alone and had him there all he does is moan about home much I've got them when he's there so I prefer it without. This year he will be there as we are staying at my mums Xmas eve so there will be lots of us to put gifts out although I will probably put them the way I want after they have all helped

I'm so glad its not just me! Dh is happy to help but calls me a control freak as I have to have everything laid out how I want. The other year I had to sneak down at 2am as I couldn't sleep knowing he'd piled everything on the couches :haha:

well i'm single so it's always just me putting them out lol!

I'm single, so just me, but even if I had someone to help I don't think I'd want them to. I enjoy it and get to put things how I want them. Oh, and fab idea of wrapping the door. I never thought of that but am stealing it! :)

Surprisingly my hubby is really good and insists on doing most of it himself, he knows how i like it arranged lol

We both do it together. btw I love the christmas paper on the door!

Hubby usually does any building first and then if he is still up will help me lug it all out if the loft. He then leave me to it even if he stays up with me and we go to bed together I will sneak down and just look, I love that moment of tranquility before bed on my own when all the lights are out and just the twinkling lights of the tree with the room immaculate and just the piles of pressies :cloud9: best feeling in the world.

We had a giggle last year, it was 2 in the morning and peeing down with rain, me holding an umbrella and torch whilst Hubby tried to get the old number plate off Emily's car when my next door neighbours son turned up to grab bikes to take home and another two neighbours emptying cars of presents everyone in their pyjamas, all the sneaking around reminded me of the vicar of dibley easter bunny episode, it was so funny

Not sure if it's a good thing or not but it seems my xmas spirit has rubbed off on hubby :happydance: He is as excited as me about putting out the presents/building what needs to be build and then doing the Santa footsteps from the front door up the stairs and into the living room, eating the mince pie/cookies and biting the carrots left for Santa and Rudolph :happydance:
and I wouldn't have it any other way as our magic as husband/wife mum/dad is xmas eve before the mayhem starts xmas morning with the kids :) :happydance:

DH is the one that does everything, from wrapping the presents to eating the mince pie and leaving some crumbs. I do enjoy it, but prefer watching it and letting him do his thing ;)

santa's footprints, that reminds me - I usually use icing powder but saw on HUKD that poundland are selling a neutradol carpet powder with a free footprint stencil. Might have to try that this year. x

Yes. Our son is a terrible sleeper so is usually awake when it's time to put the gifts out. I will take Thomas to our room whilst my OH builds toys and then he stays with Thomas whilst I put everything out. Hopefully we can do it together this year.

It certainly beats Thomas' second Christmas. My OH went to our friends 'for a few hours' and only came home at midnight when I rang him and shouted at him for being such a selfish prick. I was so angry that he decided to spend Christmas Eve with our friends and their little boy than with me and our son :growlmad:

We bring them out together, but I arrange them the way I want them :) last year we all had the bug and it was horrendus. So excited for this year

Oh leaves it to me though he sits in the living room and watches I like my christmas music on when I do this. The only thing he's aloud to do regarding christmas is cook the dinner lol he's a much better cook :) xx

Some years I do it alone, some years Dh helps. I really enjoy doing it though so it doesn't matter if DH doesn't help. But he does put my gifts under the tree :)

Honestly I couldn't imagin not doing it all on Xmas a Eve without hubby as this is our magical moment (being Santa Claus) before the big day :) xx

Hubby helps me get it all out of the cupboards and into the living room, then I arrange them into piles. He does all the building etc that needs to be done and helps with the setting up of stuff but he isn't good at arranging stuff and my OCD kicks in. We then chill out before heading to bed for the excitement the next day xx

He helps me to bring them down, I arrange Keelans and oh's and he does mine 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back