On christmas eve do you put the gifts out alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends as Colin sleeps with me so it will depend if I can sneak out. Hoping he will be sleeping on his own by then.

I do all of the wrapping and setting things out. DH will help build anything complicated and eats Santa's plate of cookies. I like things done just so and DH (as much as I love the man) simply cannot wrap anything neatly, it drives me nuts. So it's something I prefer to do. :)

We do it together, I couldn't imagine doing it without my hubs xx

We are usually at my parents so we put out all our presents, they put out all their presents and my sister and bf do theirs. At my sisters this year so will do the same there.

We have been at my mil or sil house for christmas for as long as I can remember (my parents are in the U.S. and it is too expensive and cold to go there at Christmas) so we kind of all do it as a big family together. I do DH and LO presents and DH does mine. It's a really nice moment because I really love my in-laws and being with extended family at Christmas.

Mine helps bring everything down/get out the cupboard under the stairs (depending on where we have stored them) and he will get things out of the boxes (I put wrapped presents back into the delivery boxes) and look who they are for and hand them to me and I'll arrange them. If its a present 'from us' he'll put it under the tree, but I do the santa piles. We put all the little stocking stuff into piles on the table and he will go fill them at around 4am. The boys know that if the stocking is empty Santa hasn't been so they don't come down.
One year ds1 woke me up saying "there are presents down stairs but the stocking is empty" and I told him santa must have gone up to the roof to get more presents and he needed to go back to sleep lmao

There's only me so I just do it. It'd be handy to have someone else there tbh, I dress up in a Santa suit and set my camera up to take photos of me setting them out. It's such a bloody faff but I like to show him the photos in the morning. If I had someone helping it'd be soooo much easier, plus having to get changed again in two seconds flat when I hear Lucas rustling is the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done :lol:

I do all the buying and wrapping as he is awful at wrapping gifts.
He likes to help out with putting out the presents but leaves it to me. We have nothing to build this year as most of her stuff is small and 'stocking size' apart from her dressing up box.

Hoping DD1 gets more excited this year as she is 2 and kind of 'getting' christmas now :-D

There's only me so I just do it. It'd be handy to have someone else there tbh, I dress up in a Santa suit and set my camera up to take photos of me setting them out. It's such a bloody faff but I like to show him the photos in the morning. If I had someone helping it'd be soooo much easier, plus having to get changed again in two seconds flat when I hear Lucas rustling is the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done :lol:

Haha! This reminds me of the year that DS1 woke up to presents downstairs but the stocking not filled, so I told him to go back to sleep Santa must be on the roof getting more presents. DH dressed up in the Santa suit (we had had BIL dress up and visit them Christmas Eve the year before) and went and filled their stockings, but DS1 had already gone back to sleep and DS2 woke up! DH said "shh go back to sleep" and then when ds2 closed his eyes he ran as fast as he could to get changed and throw the costume in the cupboard. Laid in bed with his heart pounding expecting DS2 to come in at any moment and he didn't! He actually went back to sleep after seeing 'the real santa' in his bedroom!

We do it together:) I do most of the wrapping, as I'm pretty particular about them being wrapped pretty, lol. He builds things that need put together beforehand if we are setting something out already put together. Then we both rearrange all the presents under the tree. I think we both are just as excited to get to play Santa!

I think it will just depend on what shift I'm on. But oh and me will do it together where possible. I hope so badly to be off this year to put his presents out then cuddle up on sofa with OH and share Santas beer :haha: then be there in morning to see DS open his presents xxxx

he just watches me. Hes done it the last two years and I could hit him :grr: It's like he just doesnt get the excitement

Oh usually works Christmas eve so doesn't get home until 11:30 so I do most of it myself :-( hopefully he won't be this year so he can help xx

I do it all myself. I like to make sure it's neat :lol:

We do it together. The final arrangement under the tree is mine but he does help.

I do most of it....he 'adjusts' everything lol. He does any building, i do the wrapping. Oh and he eats Santa's mince pie and drinks his milk. Hard life lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"