On the road again graduates

Anyway have loads of time before I have to make that decision ..... Maybe it will be taken out of our hands totally and baby will have other ideas lol.....

Thank you red. How are you?

Left- My husband called our little girl he a lot too. Low and behold, she aint no he! He just had a strong feeling she was a boy. I knew from the start she was a girl. I had a dream at 6 weeks before I heard the heartbeat when I was still terrified.. I asked the baby to come to me and let me know everything was gonna be okay, and in that dream, she was a girl. From that day on, I just knew she was a girl. If she would have turned out to be a boy I would have been shocked. Happy and healthy is the most important tho! Even after just a day of knowing, I love being able to call her she instead of baby.

I also wanted to ask, (honest opinions please) what do you all think of the name Sloane?

xoxoxo hope everyone is doing well

Anchor- how are you?

Rayray I'm ok. :) I'm still busy as ever and taking it easy. I've really felt happy this summer with all the sunshine I've been getting. It's such a relief not to be constantly thinking about getting pregnant.

Sloane- pronounced like Slone? or Slow-anne? Haha. It's different and at first I wasn't sure. After a few tries on the tongue it's interesting. It could definitely grow on me but most importantly is how you like it :).

Congrats on having a girl Rayray! Sloane is very nice, makes me think of Ferris Bueller, but kids around her age won't know it. :) And it's not a bad association at all.

I'm doing well, pretty good energy. We had overseas visitors the last two weeks, which was really tiring, and my eating and exercise got way off track. Trying not to be upset about the few extra pounds (24 weeks is usually a growth spurt anyway, right?) and just get back on a good routine, but it's hard when you're used to eating all kinds of unhealthy things! Also, my husband's family is arriving Wednesday for 10 days, so I don't know what I'll do...

I had my detailed scan two weeks ago and they confirmed that it's a girl (and gave me a very explicit picture, lol!), so the next step is to finally sort out what my insurance will pay for (they take ages to process anything and then deny claims that were submitted properly so it's a big hassle) and then switch from my gynae to a midwife (keeping the gynae for back up, but I want the birthing centre instead of hospital if I can).

Glad to hear everyone's doing well!

Anchor that's wonderful news! Where are the bump pictures ladies????? And U/S ones too? I want to know everything so I can live vicariously through ya'll. :)

:Congrats everyone... Rayray and anchor congrats on :pink:

I am so happy that everything has been going great for you both... And you left :hugs:

I'm with red.... I want to see pics!

Hi ladies-

I'm sorry for the delayed response- work has been a little insane and I haven't found any time to jump on a computer and communicate with all of you lovely women.

Anchor- having house guests can be so wonderful, but being pregnant and having house guests is a whooooole different ballgame. We have my cousins staying with us over Thanksgiving weekend, when I will be 37 weeks... they are two of my best friends so I know they will understand that I will be pretty tired and not totally able to do whole lot...but preparing the house for them and stuff.. it's gonna be tough! I am also a little worried about the weight I've gained, the doctor said it's perfect and nothing is wrong... It's just really hard for me to see the number on the scale. I am sooo thankful to have a belly and have this little girl on the way, but it's definitely hard on some days to adjust to my new body. I need to be exercising more often as well, blah! 24 weeks totally is a growth spurt! Don't get too down on yourself, remember we are growing babies!!!! Sloane also makes me think of Ferris Bueller... and the HBO show Entourage. Thank you for the support! Have you thought of names for your little girl?

Sloane is pronounced like the word "slown" would be if it were a real word. My husband and I like that it's not popular, it's not super girly, and it's Irish.

I am glad you are enjoying your summer Red :) I will post pics on my break from work.. I've got some good ones on my phone.

Left- Let me know how you're doing!!! I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl (if you decide to find out :hugs:)

Thank you Cary! I will post pics in a little bit!

xoxo have a wonderful day ladies

Here's an ultrasound from last week... Baby yoga! Hahaha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Baby bump in the bathroom today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you!

That's okay! The 13 week scan for me at least was an amazing ultrasound that eased some of my fears. It's crazy to see how they go from a little bean at 7 weeks to a mini person at 13. Please update us ASAP, I can't wait to hear how it goes. When is your due date?

I still get really nervous sometimes, but I am trying not to.

OK ladies. As I set into waiting mode, I'd really like to know what the first few weeks were like for you? Should I expect my symptoms to come and go? What were you're symptoms? When did they start to pick up (if they did). I'm managing to keep my anxiety at bay for now but I'm not sure how long that will last and I want some reassurance.

Hi Red I had nearly 0 symptoms till about half way through my 6th week . No sore boobs , no sickness and just a little tiredness . Felt more hungry then usual but that was it . At the end of the 6th week I started to dry heave in the morning out of the blue . Started about 7 + weeks to feel nauseous from lunchtime , then again in the evenings . Lost my appetite completely about 8 weeks . Sore boobs then kicked in but not how I remember them . Mostly at night when I took my bra off , and going over speed bumps lol...
Tbh I panicked more than once as the symptoms came and went a lot between 7-10 weeks , one day here next day not . By week 10 they were kinda constant nauseous from lunchtime to bed time .... This lasted till about 3 days ago !!!!! But at the start defo every day was different at the beginning xxxxxx

Thanks Left! I definitely needed that because I'm not feeling anything today. I've had a stomach ache (cross between hunger and nausea) for the past few days and today I feel fine. I don't want to feel fine. I want to feel like I have a baby growing and not dying.

Thank you for the cute bump comments. I appreciate the support. It's amazing (and crazy sometimes) to see how rapidly your body changes once you hit a certain point. I am so grateful and ridiculously happy to be pregnant and this far along... but the support is appreciated.

As far as symptoms go, the only thing I had until about 10 weeks was really sore boobs and I was SO TIRED. Around 11 weeks, I puked for the first time, but it was mainly from a terrible headache I had. I have had a few really terrible headaches that have ended in throwing up but that wasn't until 11 weeks. I haven't had much nausea at all, only when it goes along with headaches. I was worried in the early stages of my pregnancy because all I really felt until around the 2nd trimester was tired and sore boobs. (Which was exactly how I felt in my pregnancy that ended in my angel.) There were LOTS of days in the beginning where I didn't feel much, and it was so scary. I completely understand your fear. I am sending you and your little bean love xoxoxo

OK ladies. As I set into waiting mode, I'd really like to know what the first few weeks were like for you? Should I expect my symptoms to come and go? What were you're symptoms? When did they start to pick up (if they did). I'm managing to keep my anxiety at bay for now but I'm not sure how long that will last and I want some reassurance.

Like Left, mine took a little while to get into full swing. I don't remember exactly when, but I want to say it was around 7 weeks when I started to really feel symptoms. I was nauseaus pretty much all of the time and dry heaved most days, although I only actually threw up once. Similarly, my boobs hurt pretty much all of the time. I would have days where I felt slightly better than others, but my symptoms were fairly consistent.

However, I freaked out around 9.5 weeks because my nausea and food aversions and fatigue suddenly went away and I felt like my old self. I got my doctor to order an ultrasound because I was so convinced that I had miscarried. Thankfully everything was fine, but it was so scary to have everything completely go away! All of my symptoms came back with a vengence though about a week later!

Your horror stories give me comfort but I'm so nervous right now despite everything ya'll have said. I wish there was something I could do to know right now that I get to keep this baby. Gah! How did you ever make it through these first few weeks without a heart attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"