On the road again graduates

Thanks Skye... and I understand completely.

Thanks Topanga and Left!

Any news Topanga?

New Year's Eve wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Christmas was way harder!!!

I'm back at work and the craziness has begun. So that takes all my time.

My husband and I did the orientation and now we are starting parenting classes on January 25th. The y are 8 weeks long and then we get a home study done. After that it's just a wait for a call. Not sure how I feel about it. I mean the idea of having a baby who could be adopted or could be sent back to the situation they were pulled from in the first place is hard. DH and I have spent a lot of time discussing how we would deal with that. Right now we are both on board.

Going this route has eased up the whole Idea that I HAVE to be pregnant... It's not like we have stopped trying, just a much more relaxed approach. The last Miscarriage hurt like nothing I've ever known (And I had pretty bad kidney stones... It took a lot out of me emotionally too... On top of that I have a niece who is pregnant, 2 fellow coworkers and my nephew just announced that he and his new wife (got married in October) are now expecting... I try to tell people all the time: If you want to get pregnant and are having a difficult time, come sit by me... Apparently I am a good luck charm :)

Happy New Year to everyone. Here's to 2016 being full of babies for everyone - me included :)

Cary I work in the area in Ireland if you have any questions or just want to chat pm me :) my sister who tried to get pg with unexplained infertility for 14 years initially foster a sibling group of 3 ..... She in later years adopted them but then ended up with 4 biological children . From 0-7 children :)

geez Left that's an insane change of scenario for your sister. also one of my school teachers adopted two siblings after 10 + years of unexplained infertility, and 5 years later she got her first biological child too.
on another note: how is your pregnancy progressing, how do you feel?

Cary - i get you on everyone else expecting, we're at quote 9 babies in our immediate friend circles (!). it somehow feels like there's been a baby virus going on this october. hopefully we get infected by it too ;)

Topanga - update!!

How are things going Topanga? Any news?
Left? How are you?

Skye.. How are you? I hear ya on the babies. Our list keeps growing here... But, I'm cool with it. It is what it is and I'm looking forward to the day I get an ultrasound and we see a baby and a heartbeat :) First time, I didn't get to the ultrasound (except in the ER) and the second time all we saw was the sack.

My work place is crazy. Its all about the drama right now. I teach fifth grade and last year I had the BEST team! This year we had a teacher leave and got a new teacher right before school started. Then, we had a teacher leave during theyear. I took over her students (I went from teaching 44 to 88) until they could hire a teacher. It seems like all the teachers have turned nasty and so much bickering... UGH... I know why I always hung out with the boys instead of the girls... LOL!

Hoping to hear good news!

Hi ladies,

I delivered on New Years Day. The birth story is a fun one, which im sure I'll share another day. I'm sorry for the delay in checking in. LO is beautiful and healthy, but we're dealing with a serious diagnosis, so in addition to being exciting and beautiful, it's also been a stressful, heartbreaking couple of weeks. I will give more details when I feel up to it. For now, please just keep LO and my family in your prayers.

Topanga congratulations on the birth of LO . Sounds like you are going through a rough time . Ill be thinking of you all and offering a prayer xx

Topanga love! Congratulations on the birth of your LO, i'm looking forward to hearing your story, both the fun and the serious one, whenever you feel like. <3 Sounds indeed like these have been two pretty rough weeks for you, I'm keeping you and all of your family in my prayers <3

lots of love to all of you <3

Hi ladies!! Just dropping in to offere congratulations to those who've had more rainbows and sympathy to those still caught in the ttc/ntnp cycle. My heart is with you all even though I don't take the time to write long posts anymore. :)

hey Red! great to hear from you <3 :) how are you doing? any plans for another baby? (no bfp yet here but i am fishing for new future bump buddies on my favorite thread ;) think positive <3 )

Um well actually, hubby and I had a whoopsie last night on CD 12. My cylces are fairly regular these days and CD 14 is tomorrow so who knows, right? We don't have plans though. Right now we're planning to move to Idaho this summer so we'll be pretty unstable for a while. But if it happens it happens. I'm not on birth control and refuse to go on birth control until I'm done with kids. I'm pretty sure a large majority of my fertility issues stemmed from years and years of false hormones.

i totally get you on that re birth control. docs say it's safe and for majority of women it is, but how can you know that you're not among those prior to committing to 5,8,10 years of sedating your reproductive system with fake hormonal balance? i quit after almost 3 years because it wasn't doing me good, my cholesterol was high, and then i lost my period for like about 4-5 cycles, just to have a breakthrough bleeding on the last cycle, after which i was urged to "stop immediately" as they had no idea what was going on.

Hi everyone... Hi Red good to hear from you!

So we went to our first parenting class for fostering last night... That was about the most boring thing I have ever seen. The dude was wheezing throughout the whole class.

Nothing else going on here. Counting down the days until June as this has been a horrendous school year for me...

How is everyone?

Cary gosh doesn't sound like a good experience !! It should be an exciting time !! How many have you to go to ??

geez Cary i think one must have quite some talent to make such classes SO utterly boring! i guess those are a must in order to be able to foster, though?

Left - how are you? not much left?

Ladies! I just have to share this because it's completely fascinating research. Several women in my mom group on facebook got pregnant after an HSG or some other procedure that might have scratched the uterine lining allowing them to get pregnant. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03lx6s9

Very interesting Red! Thanks! Makes me wonder...

How is everyone???

My news over here is that DH and I are not going to do fostering. DH wasn't completely on board and while it might have been disappointing, it is better to know now.. He said he would like to wait 2-3 years and then discuss it again.

So, I'm just teaching and living my life.. It's not a bad life and I can truly say that I am blessed...

Hope everyone is doing great!

Congrats left!!! I saw on another thread that your new little miss was born... So happy for you!

I went to the endocrinologist today and she wants to test me for PCOS. I don't really have any symptoms, but she wanted to test so I said ok... Will do some tests in May...

Any news anyone???

Hi Cary , that sounds like it could be a step forward for you , sorry to hear your decision around fostering for now but maybe its something you will revisit . I think you would make an awesome foster mum for some lucky children . It is something I hope to do myself in the future .

And yes baby Anna Bowe arrived on Sunday . All 6lbs 7oz of her . She is like a doll . She came quickly so no time for pain meds ..... Ouch .

Here she is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
oh wow Left congrats!! same like Topanga, i notice a trend here on this thread, second baby is of the opposite sex compared to the 1st one, plus they arrive so quickly that they give you no chance for pain relief <3 you're a tropper!

she looks beautiful! <3 i'm so happy for you, enjoy your little girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->