On The Verge Of Pre E!

CrystalMarie

Mommy to Addison <3
Reaction score
Wednesday March 13th I asked an LPN that I worked with to take my BP as I hadnt been feeling right. I had my regular appt scheduled with my doctor for Friday the 15th but I know high BP is nothing to mess with. Normally I run 100-120/60...her reading was 144/88! I called my doctors office to report it but my doctor was out until Friday so they directed me to one of her associates nurses and she advised me to come in for an appointment that afternoon to be checked.

I went in and saw the associate doctor and my BP was still high for me, 140/70ish or so. He advised me to go on bedrest (which meant no work for me) and to do a 24hr urine catch to check my protein levels for possible pre e. The next evening his nurse called me back and said I could come off of bed rest as my protein was fine but to keep my appointment withmy doctor for Friday.

Friday I went to my appointment expecting to get my return to work slip....nope! My BP was still high and my doctor said my protein levels were iffy. She said to be classified as pre e your protein needs to be over 300 but really normal is considered under 150 and that most people should have less than 50 and my number was 152 so she was confident that I may have been in the early stages of pre e so starting immediately I was to come in twice a week for NST's, I would have a growth U/S at my next appt to check baby's size and that I would redo the 24hr urine in 1 week.

Monday we had our growth U/S at 35+1 and Addision was measuring around 37wks and was estimated to weigh 6lbs 12oz's putting her in the 89th percentile!! The NST went well and my BP was high when sitting but normal when laying.

Today we had our second NST which also went well but after doing the 24hr urine catch again yesterday into today we found out my levels have risen to the 250's. The doctor said once you reach the 300 mark they will induce at 37weeks so next week Wednesday into Thursday I have to do the 24hr urine catch for a third time and if that catch makes 300 which my doctor suspects it will, we will be having an Easter baby!

We go back Monday and Thursday for NST's and I will drop off my urine and have other labs drawn on Thursday as well but my doctor won't be in until Friday so Friday she will call with the results and we will be scheduling the induction for Easter if everything goes as suspected. If I don't reach 300 then I will do weekly 24hr urine tests until 39 weeks and once I hit 39 weeks I will be induced.

And of course I am still on bedrest but I am excited that we might be meeting our little girl in a week and a half!

Anyone else going through anything similar? It is so boring and lonely to be on bedrest:dohh:

This sounds exactly like what has been going on with me! I had high blood pressure but laying down it would go back into the normal ranges. I am not as close to 37 weeks though so I have weeks to wait! How exciting though that you will meet your little one soon!!!

Last night I was feeling bad (again) and my BP was 140/90. Still 135/85 early this am, but through the day I started feeling better again and my BP has returned to normal 110/70. I have been having a lot of (i think pre-e?) symptoms including vision changes, intermittent headaches that feel like migraines, weird itchy/burning dry skin that even eczema cream doesn't touch, nausea, extreme fatigue, and decreased urine output. I go to the MD tomorrow. We'll see. For me, it seems like I'm having a lot of sketchy symptoms, but only occasional high BP readings? I got a few isolated 135/85 range readings last week too.

It was funny the last two weeks I had signs of pre-e. My blood pressure was 138/87 one day at my OB appointment and my proteins were iffy but not high enough to be classified as pre-e. The next NST my levels were 137/95 consistently (withing a few digits) and my OB was concerned so she did blood work and everything came back normal. Next NST my BP was high but my bottom number wasn't over 90 so not so concerned and proteins were just still iffy but then today my BP was only 127/75 and proteins were back in the completely normal range. So strange to me. But I have also been having fairly regular contractions since 28 weeks and now they have dramatically slowed down and so the babies were just trying to trick me I think and are now trying to stay in forever. But with you being as far as you are I am sure you are ready for your little one to come anyways! (I know I am!!!!) Good luck with everything.

Last night I was feeling bad (again) and my BP was 140/90. Still 135/85 early this am, but through the day I started feeling better again and my BP has returned to normal 110/70. I have been having a lot of (i think pre-e?) symptoms including vision changes, intermittent headaches that feel like migraines, weird itchy/burning dry skin that even eczema cream doesn't touch, nausea, extreme fatigue, and decreased urine output. I go to the MD tomorrow. We'll see. For me, it seems like I'm having a lot of sketchy symptoms, but only occasional high BP readings? I got a few isolated 135/85 range readings last week too.

My BP readings go down when I am laying, reclining and sometimes when I am sitting so just because they go down at some point doesnt mean you are in the clear...I dont feel crappy most of the day I really only get a headache if I dont rest enough but its sooo hard to lay down all the time! You'll have to let us know how your appt goes hopefully its good news:hugs:

It was funny the last two weeks I had signs of pre-e. My blood pressure was 138/87 one day at my OB appointment and my proteins were iffy but not high enough to be classified as pre-e. The next NST my levels were 137/95 consistently (withing a few digits) and my OB was concerned so she did blood work and everything came back normal. Next NST my BP was high but my bottom number wasn't over 90 so not so concerned and proteins were just still iffy but then today my BP was only 127/75 and proteins were back in the completely normal range. So strange to me. But I have also been having fairly regular contractions since 28 weeks and now they have dramatically slowed down and so the babies were just trying to trick me I think and are now trying to stay in forever. But with you being as far as you are I am sure you are ready for your little one to come anyways! (I know I am!!!!) Good luck with everything.

Thats so crazy that your levels went down! I havent heard of that happening before...did you do the dip stick urine tests or thr 24hour collections? Yea my ticker is off I will be 36 weeks on Sunday and I am ready to be done! I've been having alot of discomfort in my abdomen so bad that it keeps me up at night sometimes and I am just ready to meet her...I am so anxious to do the next protein tests and get the results....good luck to you too!

I have been having high BP issues too and have had protein in my urine at most checks, they did a 24 hour check and it came back as 198 which they said was normal but reading your experience im now wondering if i should ask them more questions about my results :shrug:

I have been having high BP issues too and have had protein in my urine at most checks, they did a 24 hour check and it came back as 198 which they said was normal but reading your experience im now wondering if i should ask them more questions about my results :shrug:

If your BP keeps being an issue you can always ask them to recheck your urine...Ive actually done quite a bit of reading up on this and have read stories of ladies going from 200 to 1000 in a few days!! I know most doctors have different views on things like this but if I do make it over 300 this week I'm glad my doctor has been keeping an eye on it...she also said she thinks if I woukdnt have gone on bedrest that I would have been up over 300 by now and they may have had to take her out before getting to term so as much as I want her out I am also glad she will be able to stay in until 37 weeks unless my urine next week comes back insane...

Let me know if you do follow up with your doctor...keep an eye out for the swelling and headaches:hugs:

Thanks hun, i will defo check with them at my next appointment and hopefully they will do another 24hr check :thumbup:

I really hope you manage to stay below 300 so baby can stay in till she is ready :flower: your doctors sound excellent and really on the ball :thumbup: x

i am collecting a 24 hour urine tomorrow and going back to the MD on Monday. Are they able to tell you the results right away or do you usually have to wait a few days?

i am collecting a 24 hour urine tomorrow and going back to the MD on Monday. Are they able to tell you the results right away or do you usually have to wait a few days?

I suppose every place may be a little different but I have gotten the results back within a couple hours of dropping the sample off each time....this week I will have to wait 24 hours but thats only because my ob will be on vacation the day I drop off the sample:dohh:

I am borderline pre e too with bp of 142/98 plus 1 of protein in my urine and point 3 over the limit in my blood results.. I have had really bad oedema in my legs and feet.. had flashy lights in vision and my bp doesnt go down when I rest.. I have to go in for a scan on baby and more blood tests ect tomorrow to see what they intend to do. Yours sounds very mild to me your bp is still quite around the normal high range and since it goes down when you rests thats also a good sign xx I hope all goes well for you.. will be stalking your thread xxx

I did get diagnosed with "mild preeclampsia" based on the results of the 24 hours urine test. my BP tends to fluctuate it will be highest during the late evening and night into the morning, around 140/90, and decrease to 125-130/80-85 during the day. I am on activity restriction but not technically full bedrest. I had to start my maternity leave and my symptoms have improved a lot since stopping work. They won't induce me unless the BP gets higher or symptoms worsen again.

With my history of migraines, which are remarkably similar to the pre-e headaches, I really had to insist on getting the 24-hour urine test because the quick tests at the MD office were only showing "trace" protein - so they were saying "probably just migraines". My mild swelling was getting passed off as normal pregnancy swelling. My BP is only borderline high. Well, I'm glad I did insist on the test because I was right, and now they're listening to me when I have complaints.

I'm keen to keep an eye on this thread as pre pregnancy I had to come off the pill due to it giving me high bp.... I've been told ill always be on the higher end of normal for bp. I didn't feel well / not right over the weekend so been keeping an eye on it at hone randomly throughout the day, today I've had 133/66 at 7.30am, 144/80 at 11am, 155/80 at 2pm and 140/75 at 4.45pm.... I was told if it was consistently over 145 then to go and see doc so I'm just going to keep an eye on it tomorro and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->