one born every minute : MALE 'midwife'

Interesting :) We don't have a fast track out here so perhaps that's a difference (I'm in Canada so I don't know if that's a difference either). I'm so jealous, I applied to Florida Atlantic University and decided not to go, I regret that :rofl: I love Florida...

a male delivered alfie. i dont think alfie would be here now without him.
he was a dcotor but he was there through the most crucial point of my labour. alfie was stuck in the birth canal for a while, his shoulder was caught, his heart rate was going down really fast so i had to be cut and they tried the ventouse and kiwiw and eventually he freed his shoulder and pulled him out. alfie was barely breathing when he was delivered,
i know its different he was a doctor but he was still a male he was still with me at my most vunerable and crucial point and he held my hand afterwards whilst a lady stitched me up lol

i dont think it matterswhat gender a person is aslong as they can do the job and are proffesional and supportive.

<3

this is what happened to jarrett, minus him being stuck. but he needed to come out, FAST. so i was cut and had ventous delivery. And a male did this.

He was actually a student. He technically wasn't suppose to do anything without being told by/ supervised by a doctor on the ward. But when they checked LOs heart and it was 50 bpm and dropping .. he thought so fast! He didn't bother going to get anyone he just did what had to be done and i think he did an amazing job.

and he was so so so nice. All the nurses were telling him not to bother w/me and send me home because I wasn't showing any signs of being in labour an that I was just having braxton hicks etc. But he listened to my concerns ( i could feel any contractions/ was in no pain but I just had a feeling ).
The nurses wern't even going to check my cervix because I wasnt full term and was in no pain. But he listened to what I had to say and took my word for it and checked my cervix and Low and behold I was 6 cm and LO was born an hour later.
Bing a student, if he had of sent me home like his superiors at the time were saying, without checking my cervix.. I doubt LO would have been born at a hospital .. and considering his heart nearly stopped and he had a pneumothorax, I could have lost LO if it wasn't for him.

I've just watched OBEM on catch-up, that male midwife was soo sweet! He obvioulsy loves his job and seems alot nicer than some female midwives i've met!

There were at least 3 men present during my c-section, I didn't think anything of it.. Just wanted my baby out safely. She could have been delivered by man, woman, or alien! I did not care, and it would be the same if I had a vaginal birth x

I hated the thought of a male MW when I was pregnant..But that one last night was such a sweetheart!! I would have loved him at my birth.

I guess now I realize that regardless of a MW's sex they all do the same job.. He was lovely, really lovely..I think I fell in a love a little bit there :cloud9::rofl:

Interesting :) We don't have a fast track out here so perhaps that's a difference (I'm in Canada so I don't know if that's a difference either). I'm so jealous, I applied to Florida Atlantic University and decided not to go, I regret that :rofl: I love Florida...

ahh i bet there is a difference then, i thought you were in the us for some reason :)
My aunt graduated from FAU, not far from where I am :)
Trade ya places? I hate FL :)

I just watched OBEM from last night and he was a fab MW :)

ahh i bet there is a difference then, i thought you were in the us for some reason :)

Sure! I'm in Vancouver! As long as you don't live in Homestead, that place scared me!

I have male and female midwives and doctors, some were bad, some were okay, some good, it didnt relate to their gender or whether they had had children at all, but just them as professionals.

I would have either again, because after four children, multiple miscarriages, many early scans, tbh the world and his uncle have seen mine :haha:

About whether they are midhusbands, no because it comes from old English, mid meaning with and wife meaning woman, therefore 'with woman'. A midhusband would have to deal with men :flower:

I hated the thought of a male MW when I was pregnant..But that one last night was such a sweetheart!! I would have loved him at my birth.

I guess now I realize that regardless of a MW's sex they all do the same job.. He was lovely, really lovely..I think I fell in a love a little bit there :cloud9::rofl:

hehe and me i was was like awwww :cry: so sweet

Wouldnt have bothered me either, I had a male Consultant stitch me up, and it didnt bother me. You are in so much pain that you arent really aware anyway

My little man was delivered by a male obstetrician. I didn't care in the slightest, I just wanted him to get LO out safely! I wouldn't mind a male midwife in the sightest as long as he knew what he was doing. After all, many female midwives haven't have children themselves either.

I think id had half the staff on the ward poking ound down there by the time id delivered. over 60% of those people were makle.

I woulnt have minded a male midwife. There is a male HV in our area and my good friend has him and finds him much btter than thefemaile ones as she doesnt feel like he judges you baised on his person own experience.

I think its really pretty sexist to be honest. As long as they are qualified it shouldnt matter who delivers your baby as long as they are capable of getting lo here safely

Chris from last nights One Born is my midwife,unfortunatly he was off when Bluebelle arrived,but i didnt for one minute have any problem with having a male midwife.

He is really lovely and understanding and i felt very comfortable with him,the midwife i had before him was also male and he was great also.

My mum has had male midwifes deliver some of her babies and swears they are more gentle.

I feel kinda sad now that the pregnancy is all over.

I actually sat watching it last night saying 'wow, i would of loved a male midwife like him' even through pregnancy it wouldnt of bothered me, that guy was a total inspiration, hopefully next time i'll end up with someone like him :)

I was poked and prodded by so many people, I couldn't have cared less if there was a male midwife. Most of the doctors I saw were male, why shouldn't the midwife be male too?

My OB was male. I didn't mind at all! I actually prefer having a male doctor.

I had two male doctors and a female consultant there during labour coming and going and all three at once when lo was born, I must say it doesn't bother me at all and I'm one of the shyest people you will ever meet, but in labour that all goes out the window :flower:

It's pretty common here to have male OB's deliver your baby. To be honest, when I was in labour, I couldn't have cared less whether it was a man or a woman delivering Hana. It was probably the last thing on my mind.

Sure! I'm in Vancouver! As long as you don't live in Homestead, that place scared me!

ahahahhahaaaa..nope! further north, near orlando :)Disneyyyyyyyyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->