one born every minute : MALE 'midwife'

also my ob , the first time i met this guy was when he was checking my cervix(he was new to the practice) lol. but he was wonderful to look at, so it was ok. hah. second preg. i chose to go back to him and now the third time i see another male who has joined his practice, who is also pleasant to look at... makes the appts more tolerable! LOL

^^ oh, and my DH knows how i feel about him which is hilarious.

My first came out with a male doctor at the helm of a pair of forceps. My second came out with the verbal encouragement of a male midwife.
I much preferred the second time!!

At my hospital you get whoever is oncall. (though they are dr's here & not midwives). 3 are female & 3 are male. I honestly think it doesnt matter as long as they are a good dr (or midwife). I was comfortable with all 6 dr's that I saw except one of the male dr's - and it wasnt because he was male - it was just that he was pretty rude and I didnt care for him. Like someone else said - it is very typical in north america for males to be delivering babies.

I had a female dr deliver my baby and she was great - but it was a male dr who I saw when I was miscarrying - and he was a very good dr as well - and was very compassionate - and never for a second was a wishing he was female.

i really want a male midwife to deliver my next baby now when i decide to have anouther. unfortuniatly we dont have any down here :(

As someone who's een through SA, the thought of a man (other than OH who I trust dearly) touching or even seeing me down there makes me cry and shake. Even when I was in labour and in agony, this was still the case. When I needed a ventouse delivery, my MW asked if I wanted a man or woman doctor (which surprised me, I though she'd just get whoever) and I was crying 'not a man, please please please not a man'.
A man seeing me just make me feel so humiliated and inferior (?) that I know it would have ruined my birthing experience.
Saying this, if there had been an emergency, then Baby would have come first and I'd have let whoever needed to be there, be there.

Men can be nurses, women can be doctors... so why not have men as midwifes? :|

I'd definitley want a male midwife! No different to a female IMO.

I had a section and had a room full of men, one stuck a pain killer up my arse (tmi!) another shaved my pubes and a few of them had to roll me around in all my fat shame when my legs were dead. One of the 2 surgeons who delivered Kitty was a transvestite wearing cute pearl earrings :)

As someone who's een through SA, the thought of a man (other than OH who I trust dearly) touching or even seeing me down there makes me cry and shake. Even when I was in labour and in agony, this was still the case. When I needed a ventouse delivery, my MW asked if I wanted a man or woman doctor (which surprised me, I though she'd just get whoever) and I was crying 'not a man, please please please not a man'.
A man seeing me just make me feel so humiliated and inferior (?) that I know it would have ruined my birthing experience.
Saying this, if there had been an emergency, then Baby would have come first and I'd have let whoever needed to be there, be there.

I think it is good that the NHS takes such things into account. They do the same if blokes have an issue with seeing female doctors for intimate examinations etc. I suppose it is easy for people to forget not everyone has such happy experiences with men.:hugs:

i live in a very small country town and the hospital here only has 2 midwives (the hospital cant deliver babies due to a lack of midwives and doctors) and one of them is a young man, when iwent in there with my waters broken at 25 weeks he was wonderful and kept me calm and destracted until the air ambulance came to get me, he even rode in the ambulance with me to the airport and rang up the hospital i was transfered to 1200kilometers away to check on me and make sure i was ok. In my opinion he was better then any female ones i had when idelivered my boys

i was delivered by a male midwife - my mum swears he was very good at his job, and very good looking lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->