One Born Every Minute want home Birthers in Yorkshire!

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
For those of you of who are due to give birth in August/September/October, 'One Born Every Minute' are filming at the LGI over this period. The production company are wanting to include coverage of births at home in this series. They have explained that if someone wanted to take part, the camera woman would be the only person present and would take time getting to know you prior to filming. The Representative Sophie also said that you can pull out at any point. The aim is to show more positive births. Please get in touch with me if you are interested.
:flower:

Aghh I wish I was due a few months earlier and lived in Yorkshire! It's going to be amazing to see some good coverage of homebirths! :happydance:

On the negative side, you've now made me crave for yorkshire puds and gravy! :haha:

Ahhh the door would be open at mine, cept I'm north Derbyshire. Brilliant to hear the programme wanting to film some home births! Hope they'll be portrayed positively xxx

They did one in the first series but they transferred in so they want to film a few and also doula supported births. I believe they are paying too!!

That is wonderful news!! I offered up this birth to be filmed, but as you say they are filming up north! Home birth was so poorly represented in the first and second series (just the one?!)

Xxx

I hope they get some really positive births on there to get rid of all the nonsense that is said about homebirths! And lets just pray they don't put the more difficult ones on TV just because its what they think makes 'good' TV and leave out the peaceful ones. It would be so good to see a doula too, so many people don't even know what a doula is when I tell them I've got one.

Hmmm. Only concern I would have is that our house is rented, I wasn't planning on saying anything to the landlord as I don't think it's his business, but he might find out if it was on TV and he might object! I'm planning a homebirth in September in Yorkshire so I definitely qualify. And cash would be handy, stop me stressing so much about being on maternity leave.

If you they were filkming near me i woudl so be up for that as i find our homebirths hilarious...LOL hope you find someone and they give it the positive spin that home births deserve :)

It wouldn't be on TV till the new year but even if it was do landlords have issues with people giving birth at home? I know LOTS of people who have hand hoe births in rented. One of my clients finally managed to get her dodgy boiler fixed coz she needed it for the pool :lol:

Go for it Irishcob! It really does need homebirthing mums!

Landlords can't do DIDDLY really! The law is heavly weighted towards the tenant - and for good reason; it is their property, by as the old saying goes "possession is 9/10ths of the law" and YOU have possession of the property. It is their property, but your HOME, and you can do whatever you like in your own home. Esp the normal stuff of living, and if giving birth isn't part of living, I don't know what is!?

We rent a flat, whilst we have students renting our house. I know which one I would prefer as a tenant. What I do day to day in this flat, is it any of our landlords business? No - in fact I would agrue that a family expecting a baby are the model tenants. There is no way we would risk not paying our rent, we are more incinded to be clean, careful and even decorate (as we have done!)

(of course if you trash the place, she/he might have a point, but you have an agreement.. so you fix it or incure costs - and it is very very unlikey you are going to take a wall out in labour!!! ;-) My students on the other hand, have been a different kettle of fish, and the odd wall or door hasn't been beyond them. lol XxX

Thanks Bournefree. Should I inform him and the letting agency (who manage it) at all or should I just keep schtum?

We certainly haven't damaged anything (except we pulled up the bathroom floor to get to a leak - however we replaced the floor ourselves even though it wasn't necessary as the leak was there when we moved in and we did prevent more damage being done) and like you say we're good tenants, do the garden, do any minor DIY ourselves etc, and we pay all our bills on time.

I'm not going to talk you into or out of anything IC (as you know!) but if you and OH think you'd be interested let me know. I'm a bit nervous if one of my clients want to do it!! Under pressure or what!! :lol:

There is no duty to inform them.. and if you wanted to out of yor own sense of moral duty, I still woudn't do it - as it only has the potiential to generate more questions or some objection, that they can't legal object to.. so would only cause stress. Of course they could be all ok with it - but then even that still doesn't achive anything¬! Unless you need something from them because you are pregnant and going to have a new baby in the house, then there is little point in mentioning you are even expecting.
XxX

Im still interested though I have been shopping all day so had no time to contact the lady :blush: will do tomorrow!!

xx

OMG if this had been 6 months ago I'd definitely have been up for it! I really, honestly wish we'd filmed DD2's birth and doing this programme would've helped to give homebirthing the positive publicity that it needs.

So gutted I couldn't take part :cry:

xx

Oooo im due 30th August....i really do want a HB but OH is reluctant...I think i really want to do this! Where abouts are they filming? Im in South Yorkshire xx

Leeds General Infirmary and home births will need to come under the Leeds trust I'm afraid.

This is fantastic... I can't wait to see it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->