One more question if you don't mind!!! Cysts before Clomid

2ducks

Reaction score
I have another question for you ladies, I posted on a couple other threads but haven't been getting a lot of hits probably because no one knows how to help me. I hope you don't mind me bothering you one more time for some help!

I had a diagnostic u/s last week. I have a 2.5cm cyst on one of my ovaries. I am supposed to be starting clomid for the first time really soon, like probably by the end of next week as soon as my withdrawal bleed starts i can do the countdown. I have a follow up with my OBGYN on tuesday to discuss the results and if I should move forward with Clomid or not. Obviously I really want to move forward with it but i don't want to do anything dangerous....

I have read that some docs will allow patients to take clomid as long as the cysts are under a certain size. I have also read as long as the cyst is not producing estrogen some docs will allow clomid.

What are your experiences? Any ideas on what questions or tests I should ask for before starting Clomid?

Thanks so much!

I have had a large cyst for the past two cycles preventing me from having my first IUI. My doctor wants it gone before I go forward so I was prescribed a BCP for 21days to help shrink it. First cycle it reduced by half so I'm just about to finish my second cycle on the Progesterone pill.

My doctor won't prescribe me Clomid due to size of and time it's taken to get rid of the cyst. He plans to put me on Tamoxifen instead.

I'm under the impression that Clomid use has an increased chance of ovarian cysts. It might not hurt to ask if there are other options for you as you are naturally producing cysts at present.

Novemberrayne Thank you so much for your response and your input.

Anyone else willing to share their Clomid protocol and how your doc responds to cysts?

I'm currently in the same situation. I have 3 large cysts on my left ovary and my doc will not let me take Clomid until they are gone. She seems to think they will go away on there own before my next cd 1 so I'm just trying not to get too worried about them. The cysts were caused by my first round of Clomid and did produce estrogen, my estrogen was in the high 500s on only cd 10. She hasn't mentioned bcp yet but the nurse has warned me before that they often prescribe it on resting cycles but because my estrogen was already over 100 on cd2 they couldn't prescribe it. I wish they would have because this is turning out to be a very long cycle but ovulation was confirmed. Now I just need to hope these cysts go away

My doc gave me the green light to take Clomid this round because the cyst was small. I will have an u/s before doing another round of Clomid to make sure the cyst did not get larger.

Yay glad the cyst was small and you were able to start the clomid. Good luck !!

Hi there, i have had a 3.5/4cm cyst for years now and i was allowed to do clomid upto 100mg with it there - i was monitored to keep an eye on it but it didn't really change at all....however i wonder if it was all a waste of time and the cyst prevented the pregnancy as it didn't work. I am about to undergo my first IVF round and am having said cyst aspirated at the clinic whilst downregging. I wish i had done something about my cyst earlier...hope this helps! Good Luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->