One Old Vintage Silver Cross

nattshants

1st time Mum to be!
Reaction score
Hello! I got my Silver Cross that my Mum used with my brother and I, it's 25yrs old and TBH when I saw it at first thought theres no way of saving it as it was thick with dust etc.

It's so special to me as my Mum passed away when I was little, and she loved this pram.

Well I sat in the garden for 2 hours yesterday and used fabric cleaner and scrubbed the pram top, let it dry, then scrubbed again!

My husband Phil was sanding down 2 sets of 1920's drawers that are solid oak and from my Grandparents-so our little one has a few heirlooms!

I'm onto doing the chassis tonight-I'm keeping it at my Dads as he lives in a village so I can wheel it up and down the hills and get me fitter quicker!! We have a quinny for us.

xxxx

Attachments

• CleaningPram.jpg
    CleaningPram.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 45
  • PramClose.jpg
    PramClose.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 44
  • PramAfter.jpg
    PramAfter.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 49
  • PramInside.jpg
    PramInside.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 37
The pram looks lovely xxx
I love the old vintage silver cross prams

What a lovely idea! Looks like it's cleaning up great! :)

That's impressive nattshants!

Is the cover fabric not removable? I would have probably even soaked it in dark blue color to refresh the tone as well!

Also, since the corduroy seems to be very delicate, I can only imagine how careful you must have been while cleaning it! Overall, awesome job! :hugs:

Aww hon it's great and in such good nick, very jealous actually. My mum had one just like this but someone else got it years ago. They don't make them like that anymore and actually it makes a mighty fine moses basket doesn't it! Congrats hon your Mum would be proud. x

I finished her tonight and called her 'silvie' Hehehe!!

Thanks so much for such loverly comments.

You're so right Mercury-the cordroy is delicate in places. The majority of it is thick and nice though. The top came off (which isn't in photograph) but the hood and body are all attached-but I was delicate...It was worth the srcubbing and time. xxx

Attachments

• PRAMSilvie..jpg
    PRAMSilvie..jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 29
Its stunning hun, your mum must be looking down so proud :hugs:

awww thats really lovely! and it makes it all the more nicer that its a family heirloom.

my mum had one of these when me and my brothers n sister where little but as she was so short she couldnt see over the top of the hood:rofl:

awww thats really lovely! and it makes it all the more nicer that its a family heirloom.

my mum had one of these when me and my brothers n sister where little but as she was so short she couldnt see over the top of the hood:rofl:

Thanks so much.

Awwww bless her! I know sooo many people who had these, my friends have seen mine and are chasing their parents to make sure they've kept theirs!

I love the fact it's not modern...We've got a quinny for towns etc-cannot imagine getting that pram round some of the shops!-I'd be taking down shelves!!! xxx

Wow..it looks great! You did such a nice job, and what a cool thing to be able to use of your mom's. You and LO will be just adorable trotting about:)

I think the silver cross prams are lovely and I would have one if they were not so big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->