One positive one negative. Still pregnant???

JB83

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first time posting.
I took an HPT last week and had a very faint positive, I called my doctor and she said that usually if there is a line that means I'm pregnant, so I went in for a blood test which came out negative. I have taken 4 more HPTs since and they were all negative. Could I still
Be pregnant? I have been having several pregnancy symptoms. Also, I have always been irregular. Any thoughts?

I am bery sorry to say it sounds like a chemical pregnancy and the symptoms are from your irregularity. I have a lot of pregnancy symptoms as I have a really bad hormone imbalance and really irregular cycles. But the good news with that if it was a chemical is that you know you can fall pregnancy. I would say take another test in a week in af hasn't showed and if still negative go to the doctors to get some progesterone to start your cycle.

I had that happen...i had several bfp and then bfn...af was late but i usually have regular cycles...looked up info on chemical pregnancies bc my sister was tellin me about it...untill thn i had never heard of a chemical pregnancy :( was dissaponted but just try to stay pos try again!! Baby dust hun

I won't say it's a chemical just yet. Every HPT is different in picking up HCG. Also, some HPTs are notorious for evaporation lines. I'm like the evap queen, I always seem to get lines even when I'm not pregnant. It's so annoying because half the time the line shows up within the time limit. Way to really confuse the heck outta someone lol. If it was a pink dye test, then maybe you definitely were pregnant, but normally with a chemical pregnancy you would get a BFP, then you will bleed, then you will get a BFN. A chemical is when the egg didn't fertilize correctly and it gets washed out with your period. So I would assume you would have bled, but maybe I'm wrong. If you used a blue dye test, there's a big possibility you weren't pregnant because they are known for giving evaps. Even the good ones like clearblue has given women false lines. They come up within the time limit too. Digitals are the best way to go because there will be no lines to have to stare at and figure out. If the digital says no then chances are you weren't pregnant. I had a chemical before and the test at home was positive at 9dpo, before I began to bled. Three days later I bled like a period but I still tested twice with a different brand and it came back positive. That night I passed a quarter-sized clot and I went to the ER. The URINE test at the ER by that time was NEGATIVE, but the BLOOD test was POSITIVE. so as you see the blood test would still show you have some HCG in your body even if you've had a chemical prior. It took 2 days for my levels to go back down to a 2. Take a digital, see if it says yes. If it does then the tests in the office may have not been sensitive enough to pick it up and the HPT you used was, and maybe there wasn't enough HCG in your blood yet to be detected. If the test is no, then chances are you weren't pregnant. Don't think you had a chemical just yet. Hang in there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->