One Step pregnancy test: Thin faint blue line ... positive or negative???

rhondagirl18

Reaction score
Hey everyone I took a test today and there was a very thin blue line there,Appeared after 2-3 mins I had to hold it up to the light to see it, but its def there. I even asked my fiance because I thought maybe I was seeing things lol It was kinda fat like the other to begin with and as time went on it shrank to a thin hair like line ... can anyone tell me why the line is so thin and why I have to hold it to the light to see it??? I have read a lot about the blue dye test giving false positives, but thats usually only if they read them after 10 mins. Mine showed up within' 2-3 mins! I have been pondering this for a while. I am going to test again in the AM with First Morning urnine ... But for right now I have to do my research and ask questions to try and get down to the bottom of why the line looks like that ... Any Ideas???

Sounds promising! Probably a very faint positive. How many dpo are you? I was 16dpo and got a bright solid line right away in the afternoon.

You shouldn't hold blue dyes up to the light because they almost always have a very faint line apparently. Try again and use a pink dye.

My false positives on blue dye test were all well within the time limit so I can't say that is a surprise to hear unfortunately:wacko: The thin faint line to one side is a classic false positive signature of blue dye test. Try a pink dye test with fmu and give us an update as if the blue dye test was legit you would get a blazing positive on a FRER tomorrow:thumbup:

Thanks everyone! The thin line was right in the middle lol ... I dont trust it. Going to get a pink dye test and use it. I will update ASAP!

I had another blue dye test and took it for fun yesterday morning. This time the line was still extremely light but was not thin. It was pretty fat, but like I said just extremely, extremely light! Like you have to look at it really close to be able to tell there is something there!Going to buy a pink dye test as soon as the roads here in PA are clear and it stops snowing! lol ... I will keep updating!!

The same thing happened to me yesterday morning. I saw it show up within the ten min mark. At first I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me until I looked closer with my flashlight and saw a very thin blue line. I thought it could be a defect but the one I hadent used yet did not have a blue line. What was the result of yours?

I had so many blue fat lines in time limit. I would defo get a pink dye to know 100percent, good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->