One stop PG test question (sorry didnt know where to ask this)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by Wendyk07, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Wendyk07

Wendyk07 Mummy to Derrin and PAL

Hi girls,

I am new to IC's and my first batch arrived this morning. I was reading the instructions and it says that i have to get the urine to room temp. Anyone know how long this takes? I am so used to POAS that this has got me baffled.
    Do you think it really makes a difference? Could this be the cause of IC evaps?

Thanks in advance and i appologise if this post is in the wrong area.

Wendy
    x

Attached Files:

• kk.jpg
      kk.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
    • tn.jpg
      tn.jpg
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
  2. NYcountrygirl

NYcountrygirl Well-Known Member

LOL! I never heard of that! Maybe I should try that, but I always thought that if you leave the urine out, that could have an effect on the true results of the test? I really don't know, but your urine is about 98 degrees ferignheit, and I bet it would "cool" to room temperature in about 10 minutes or less.

3. Caiti

Caiti Well-Known Member

I used them and never let my urine get to room temperature and still managed to get a positive, not sure it matters too much :)

4. StaceyKor

StaceyKor Mummy to 2 princesses x

I think thats intended for clinical settings such as laboratories. They usually store urine at 4 degrees celcius and for many ELISA tests to work properly the sample and kit need to be warmer (room temp). Having it slightly warmer shouldnt really affect it x

5. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

i have used those and never got my pee to room temp lol. but i think what staceykor said its more for clinical testing :)

6. Wendyk07

Wendyk07 Mummy to Derrin and PAL

Thanks girls. I thought it was really odd and i knew no-one had mentioned it on here before. I have ordered another batch of these and was thinking that i would just throw them in the bin. Will buy some FRER's as a backup.

Thanks again

Wendy
    x