One week of symptoms with 9 BFNs. What to think?

ata26

Reaction score
Hi all!

My mind has been so consumed by interpreting symptoms this past month that I thought discussing them here would help to de-stress! My DF and I aren't exactly TTC but we've been together 13 years, so it wouldn't be the worst outcome. I went off BC September 2015 and have had cycles generally in 28-33 days. One went to 44 days, so I was hoping this was similar but had AF symptoms while late that time.

LMP 6/9/18 so currently on CD48 assuming a 28 day cycle, wasn't tracking O so don't have a DPO. We had an extremely busy June with a few planned trips so was thinking stress from flying might delay it by a day or two.

Expected AF on 7/7 but no sign whatsoever. Took a FRER at 5 and 7 days late, BFN both times (with evening urine). As a newbie to this and convinced that 2 tests couldn’t be wrong at a week late, I drank at a friend’s camp hoping I’d just relax and AF would appear. Day 8, super nauseous in AM but thought it was a hangover. Made myself vomit, felt better and ate but then nausea came back once we hit the road and stuck all day long - never happens with a hangover, usually all gone by 1pm even with the worst of nights!

Days 9-14 continued to be nauseous after any food, not hungry, sensitive to smells, and things generally tasted way too bitter (love bitter things). DTD on day 10 with pull out technique, hoping it would prompt AF.

That week I was yawning literally all day and even napped a couple times - I never nap unless sick! But had BFN on FRER on 9, 12, 14 days late, all with FMU, but was drinking a lot of water. With all the water, I actually have been peeing far less - uterus sits on bladder so I have to go very frequently. On 13 days late, had light brown fibery spotting mixed into creamy CM, so thought AF was coming. Finally didn’t get nauseous after dinner on day 14 and the nausea hasn’t been back since. In fact, the only ‘symptom’ that’s stuck around is yawning/feeling sleepy early.

More BFN on 16, 18, 20 (today) days late with FMU. Had sharp cramping on right side on day 17, but might have been from sitting in a car for hours (went home for a funeral). Had a headache last night but that doesn’t seem all *too* strange.

Long story short - 20 days late with 9 BFNs, major symptoms only really lasted 1 week. Not sure what to think. Anyone have symptoms just disappear after a week THAT early in a pregnancy? TIA!!

Hoya I’m in same boat as you, I’m 11 days late with nausea, this has never happened since my last pregnancy but like you bfn ... I had weird peach coloured streaks in my ewcm on 16th so thinking I ovulated super late... literally had ewcm for nearly two weeks it’s all very strange

Tweetz - has the nausea subsided for you yet? Mine was gone after a week, so strange.

I'm going on cycle day 59, late for my 2nd period (30 days late) and am still testing negative as of two days ago. Been having mild sharp pains only on the right front side - guessing where the right ovary is. It's not major pain, so I had been thinking it was AF finally getting here. Still waiting!

The only other symptoms I've had were a day of increased boob size last week and they're a little sore running today. So weird to not have AF or a BFP at this point!

I'm on day 47 of my cycle (I'm normally 30) and still no AF. I experienced nausea, tender breasts, cramping, headaches, etc. during the week or so prior, so I was sure I was going to start. But nope. Nada. I test negative on both urine and blood tests. :confused:

I'm jumping the gun a bit here as I'm only day 33 of my cycle (typically 28/29). But because of various symptoms that don't apply to my normal PMS experience (namely nausea without illness), I went and bought 2 tests, and took one yesterday to a BFN. I'm waiting until I'm on day 36 or after to take another, and just treating my body like it's pregnant (regarding what I do and intake).

I've never been pregnant, so honestly I've no reason to believe at this point I can even conceive (or that my partner is fertile either). But certain bodily functions all point to pregnant rather than PMS so I'm just like :shrug:

I have the feeling my typically regular cycle is just awkward this month, but at 35 I'm not sure why. I literally just had my annual gyno visit and all is well down there lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->