Only 4 bottles a day - is this OK??

blinkybaby

Reaction score
Can I please ask how many ounces your LO's drink/drank in a 24 hour period at just over 4 months old and just about 16lbs in weight?

Louie seems to have decided to drop a bottle during the day. We used to be on a 3 hourly feeding schedule, but he started only taking half his mid-morning and tea time feed. I thought it was because he could go 4 hours between feeds now so yesterday I tried a 4 hourly schedule and it ended up with him having 4 bottles of 7oz. He still slept through the night and hoping for the same again. I don't DF, so just after reassurance really that 4 bottles and 28oz is enough for a baby of his age and weight. I don't know any babies as young as him that only has 4 bottles in a day.

I guess my other option is to go back to a 3 hourly schedule (so that I can fit 5 bottles in during the day) but feed less in the bottle, say 5 or 6oz?

Any advice would be much appreciated - please share your experiences.

Many thanks xx

4x7 oz sounds fine hun. Omar was 17 lbs at 4 months but he never went for more than 24 oz in 24 hrs. His average was 4 bottles 5-6 oz each. If your LO is satisfied with what he's taking & having wet & dirty nappies there is nothing to worry about xx

My 3rd DS was on just 4 bottles a day at 4 months & slept 12hrs straight at night, he was having 4 x 8oz bottles though, but he was bigger, over 19lbs at 4.5 months!! He was quite happy on this & continued on just his 4 bottles a day until I started himon solids at 6 months x

Thank you ladies, I'm really relieved! I have been fretting about changing his routine so that he only had 4 bottles a day for a few weeks now but now I feel OK about it.xx

My lo is 3 months and is on 5X7 oz but is trying to drop one bottle herself.
X

X

That's what Louie did but I found I was fighting it because I didn't like the thought of him having just 4 bottles. It seems to be going OK though. xxx

X

That's what Louie did but I found I was fighting it because I didn't like the thought of him having just 4 bottles. It seems to be going OK though. xxx

I dont really want to introduce a dream feed. Its her 6.30am bottle shes trying to drop.. She didnt have it this morning so will see if i can sneak it in somewhere but i doubt it. X

Ava was 17lb 7oz at 4 months 2 weeks and had 5x 5oz, she's now dropped a bottle and has 4 x 6oz. She has 3 meals a day and sleeps through the night xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->