only 4 feeds a day, is this safe?

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Morning all,

Well my little man in 19 weeks on Thur (12 corrected) and for last few weeks he has been sleeping through the night :happydance: however im a bit concerned as he has gradually dropped a feed to 5 feeds as only started 4 hourly feeds about a month ago before that it was 3hrs (BF to 10 weeks old every 2 hrs beforethat) which did not overly concern me as he was steadily gaining weight (roughly 10lb now).

However last 2-3 nights he has roughly slept 12 hours every night from say 8.30pm to 8am which is great obviously but that meant only 4 feeds a day if that continues. He takes 5oz and to be honest took me a long time to get him to take this much - maybe 1 feed a day he wont finish but in general he finishes his feeds.

Sorry for the ramble but im just concerned that 4 feeds may not be enough for him, hes in a good routine and his wee body clearly needs the sleep, taking him to get weighed wed so will mention it to health visitor but any advice in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks x

Molly has only just started taking 5oz now! As long as his weight gain continues to be alright I wouldnt worry. IMO sleep is important for them, and if he is hungry he would wake up! By the way, he is gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->