only going in cot at 6 months????

woodr

first time mum
Reaction score
Hi

i was wondering if people would share with me how old their babies where when you put them in their own room?

The health visitor looked disgusted with me when i said i hope to put my baby in her own room soon:nope:, she will be 3 months on 10th feb. she sleeps through and my husband is waking her up and she is now banging about in her basket.

there is no room in our room for her cot and even if there was i wouldnt want it, i dont want to put her in any danger but i feel the longer she in with us the longer it will take to get her settled in her own room.

look forward to hearing your views

i put Lo in his own room at 4 and a half months but i would have done it sooner if i had my own flat before then ( i was living with my mum and dad and we were fighting for space ) as soon as i put Lo in his own room he started sleeping right through the night. we used to keep waking each other up at night, his noises were terrible lol. i know somebody who put there LO to sleep in his own room at 2 months and hes fine too.not what i would have done but you have to do what you feel comfortable with xx

My LO was in his own room from about 3 weeks. We all disturbed each other, and were completely knackered when we were sharing.

We're in the next room, and kept the doors open in the early days, plus an angelcare monitor with sensor.

Do what feels right for your family - they are guidelines, not the law!

Lily was in her cot in her own room from 8 weeks old, she was so much more settled, now shes a great sleeper sleeping 15 hours a night. xx

my lo was 9 weeks in his cot in his own room he seem to settle really well and he has never slept in our bed either, he has cuddles in our bed but sleep is in his own bed

xx

I personally wouldn't because of the sids guidelines, although I don't think she should have looked at you in disgust!!

4 months. He was getting too big for his bassinet, so into the the cot in the other room he went. It didn't make a bit of difference to his sleep (or lack of it).

My lo went into his own room at 6 weeks and into his cot at 10 weeks. My health visitor came to see me when lo was about 9/10 weeks because I had pnd and said "little one is in his own room" it was more of a telling me he should be rather asking me if he was kind of way. She was happy when I said he was.

We put him in so early because he hated sleeping in our room (its a loft room) and I'm a terrible sleeper and had real problems sleeping with him in the same room as me - I still have problems now. We have a video monitor and I felt comfortable him being in on his own x

thanks for your quick replies!

blahblahblah-where did you get your sensor from?x

thanks for your quick replies!

blahblahblah-where did you get your sensor from?x

This is the one we have

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Angelcare-...W5G8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296081007&sr=8-1

Now LO is older, we've turned the sensor mat off and just use it like a traditional monitor.

Our LO is in her cot tonight and this will be the 4th night so far :thumbup: she's sleeping so much better x

Put him in his own room at four and a half months, we were just disturbing him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->