Only yolk sac

tgrich

Reaction score
Just had my ultrasound and I thought I was 7+3 I had my positive test 4 weeks ago about 6 days before expected period and at my ultrasound today all they seen was a yolk sac and said the doc would follow up has anyone gone through this?

Hey luv,

I'm 7weeks 2 days.
I had a scan a week ago, there was a gestational sac, a yolk sac and a flickering on the screen which they said was the heart beat.
As it was too early to hear it they asked me to come back so I'm going again this Friday when I'll be 7 and 4.
I will let you know what we see.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you X

Sorry forgot to add that I only got my BFP after AF was due.

Hey luv,

I'm 7weeks 2 days.
I had a scan a week ago, there was a gestational sac, a yolk sac and a flickering on the screen which they said was the heart beat.
As it was too early to hear it they asked me to come back so I'm going again this Friday when I'll be 7 and 4.
I will let you know what we see.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you X

Thank you please do update I think im going to have to go back in a week as well

I think I will feel better going back for a second scan - just for that reassurance!

Hi tgrich.

Don't panic too much, my friends situation is slightly different but also the same! She had a scan about a week and a half ago, she should have been 6 weeks at the time and they saw NOTHING but a gestational sac!! No yolk, no fetal pole, nothing! We were convinced it was a blighted ovum as by that stage at the very least she should have seen yolk and fetal pole, aswell as probably baby and heartbeat. We prepared for the worst and she paid for an early scan just under a week later cos she just wanted to know whether it wasn't over...

There was a baby with heartbeat!!! All that changed in about 5 days, she must have implanted super late and got a super early BFP, she's been measured at 6w5d as of this Saturday just gone, which means she must have got a BFP about a week before missed period and it was a clear BFP.

So don't lose hope! The technician at the second scan also said sometimes baby lays right next to the wall of the womb and this means doctors can miss it. Good luck x

Thank you I really hope this is the case for me this is the most positive I have ever been about a prrgnancy so I was not expecting this at all.

Hang in there. Don't give up hope just yet.

I went in at 4 weeks, nothing on the screen at all, barely thickening in my uterus. Went again at 6 weeks, a sac on the screen but it appeared completely empty. Went back at 8 weeks, and there my baby was, tiny little bean with a flickering heartbeat that we even got to hear. <3

I just called the doctor and she said the ultrasound is measuring me at 6+3 and I have a follow up next wed.

What were you basing your due date on? Ovulation or LMP?

I'm super nervous now! I have my first ultrasound tomorrow at 7+4! I was expecting to see a little bean with a heartbeat like I did with my son at 8+0. I don't know what I'll do if there's nothing there.

I'm super nervous now! I have my first ultrasound tomorrow at 7+4! I was expecting to see a little bean with a heartbeat like I did with my son at 8+0. I don't know what I'll do if there's nothing there.

I was basing it off ovulation.

I also have one tomorrow at 7 + 4
It's a follow up from last week so hoping things are a little more evident in there!

Good luck ladies X

It's a follow up from last week so hoping things are a little more evident in there!

Good luck ladies X

Thinking of you! We have the same DD! What did you see on yours last week? This will be my first.

I was basing it off ovulation.

It totally seems crazy, but I've heard about the dating scan seeming way off with dates and catching up shortly thereafter. Hoping that's the case for you hun.

Good luck ladies X

Thinking of you! We have the same DD! What did you see on yours last week? This will be my first.

In my first scan they saw the gestational sac, a yolk sac and a fluttering on the screen which they said was most probably the heart beat.
They asked me to come back so going in about 20mins.

Wishing you the best of luck today! I'll let you know how I get on :)

Oh yes! Please update. I don't have my appt for another 8 or so hours! We had to do the latest possible so my husband could make it.

Appointment went well &#55357;&#56842;

They dated me at around 6weeks 5 days which i expected as seems they often have a date that can differ from your LMP date.

The crown rump length is measuring 8.6mm

And I heard a heartbeat! She said the normal range is 140-180 beats per min and ours was measuring exactly 160 so right in the middle of normal.

Good luck today Mandaa

@tgrich, I hesitate to post this, as I don't know if you're only looking for encouragement at this point, but this sounds like a situation I had in the fall that didn't have a happy ending. I apologize if this isn't what you want to read, so please ignore the rest of this if you don't want negative stories.

***********Warnings*******************
If you got a BFP on a HPT four weeks ago I think there's a good chance this is a blighted ovum. On a decent ultrasound machine a fetal pole should be visible no later than about 5+5. I had a blighted ovum in the fall in which only a gestational sac and yolk sac were visible at 7 weeks. They told me there was no chance it was viable, though my date were certain because it was IVF. I don't want to be discouraging, but in your shoes I would want a realistic picture of the possibilities. Anything is possible, but four weeks after a positive HPT it seems like something more should be visible. The good news is that blighted ovums (ova) are totally arbitrary and rarely recur, meaning the chances of a healthy pregnancy next time are very good. I will be sending you every good thought. I hope your next scan brings reassurances.

They didn't even find my third son at 5+4 , she was ready to stop the scan when I saw the flicker of his heartbeat , he was hiding

@tgrich, I hesitate to post this, as I don't know if you're only looking for encouragement at this point, but this sounds like a situation I had in the fall that didn't have a happy ending. I apologize if this isn't what you want to read, so please ignore the rest of this if you don't want negative stories.

***********Warnings*******************
If you got a BFP on a HPT four weeks ago I think there's a good chance this is a blighted ovum. On a decent ultrasound machine a fetal pole should be visible no later than about 5+5. I had a blighted ovum in the fall in which only a gestational sac and yolk sac were visible at 7 weeks. They told me there was no chance it was viable, though my date were certain because it was IVF. I don't want to be discouraging, but in your shoes I would want a realistic picture of the possibilities. Anything is possible, but four weeks after a positive HPT it seems like something more should be visible. The good news is that blighted ovums (ova) are totally arbitrary and rarely recur, meaning the chances of a healthy pregnancy next time are very good. I will be sending you every good thought. I hope your next scan brings reassurances.

No I definitely want honest opinions and outcomes. I honestly have felt like it has been over since the scan but am trying to keep just a bit of hope until the scan. Hubby and I have 3 children already and decided we would be done trying for another if it didnt happen by july, so this is our last shot. I am very sad knowing the outcome is most likely negative but am grateful for the children I have been blessed with 3 on earth and 4 in heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->