opinions/advice please...waters broke...home birth

sezzolou

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping for extra advice please. Things soon slip your mibd when things kick off. Im booked for a home birth. My waters broke so after an hr or so I rang labour ward to inform them so they are prepared for later. They were very insistent I go in to hosp to double check and for temp monitoring. I declined to go in to be checked and said I would ring back when pain intenifies. I am right there arent I? The normal procedure for things happening this way round has slipped my mind :)

If labor has not started in 24 hours they will want to bring you in for an induction. You should check your temp every 4 hours to check for signs of infection and call them back if water changes to a green colour. Other than that get walking and bounce on gym ball! Good Luck.

Opps did not see that this was an old post!!!!! Sorry.

If labor has not started in 24 hours they will want to bring you in for an induction. You should check your temp every 4 hours to check for signs of infection and call them back if water changes to a green colour. Other than that get walking and bounce on gym ball! Good Luck.

NICE guidelines are actually 72 hours before the recommend induction

94 hours with my midwives and no Exams due to risk of infection.
My waters went 4 days before baby was born with me checking temp every 4 hours.
I went on to have a natural home birth with no pain relief and it was amazing!

I had my natural home birth...just posted my story in births and announcements :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->