Opinions girls, what would you do?

Jem

Reaction score
Ok so Ollie is on Nutramigen formula as he has a milk protein allergy. Before this was diagnosed he would have bouts of pain, arch his back, be sick all the time, have excema and have a constant cough and snuffles. He was an unhappy baby at times because of this. Now since being on Nutramigen his sickness has stopped, he doesn't have bouts of pain and he doesn't arch his back. He still however has excema and is still abit snuffly and coughing. He is such a happy baby now and very contented. My problem is that my mum and MIL feel the issue isn't solved and are concerned that he still has excema and snuffles and coughing (not as bad though) and that it needs dealing with. I'm torn as I know there is another formula we could ask for but it tastes even worse than what he's on and plus when we changed the formula last time he was a nightmare with the change. What would you do? Would you pursue another formula in the hope it solves the remaining problems or stick as you are? Ollie is so contented and doesn't seem bothered with the excema or the snuffles so do I put him through the nightmare of a formula change again or stay put? x

Personally - I'd wait a bit first. I THINK that those 2 things are the ones that take longer to get out of the system and adjust. This is just from my experience, as an adult, with allergies and I would think it is the same.

I suggest asking the doctor but in general, if he's happy then he's probably on the road to recovery and you might just want to wait a bit longer before switching again.

Best of luck and I hope he gets better soon! :)

Thank you so much, your answer makes sense so I think I will wait it out and see what happens, thanx again! x

You can try oilatum in the bath water for the excema, I haven't used it but I've heard good things about it on the forum. I think you need a prescription for it though.

I agree, I wouldnt change formula but ask the Dr if there is something else that could be given for the excema.

If you do need to change formula are you able to gradually change it? e.g. half and half then gradually increase the new formula?

I would hold out on the formula change for a while hun, seems the one he's on now has made a significant enough improvement ... if things dont clear up in time then i would consider changing, you dont want to use up all of your options in one go iykwim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->