opinions on kegal exercises

BabyUrq

Reaction score
Hey everyone....i was reading someones post earlier about their fear of tearing and an episiotomy...since i entirely share that fear (more of what the healing from that is like and what its like after it heals rather than actually getting it done...what happens, happens and as long as we are happy and healthy that's all the matters) i started reading up on some of the comments and suggestions about the perineal massage and other ways to help prevent tearing and episiotomy such as exercises....
i figure prenatal yoga would be a good way to help stretch muscles and help prepare for that and i know that kegal exercises are important anyway and i assume would also be good for this issue....
i'm wondering what everyone's opinions are on using ben wa balls for kegal exercises while pregnant....?

I've actually read that doing keagles before birth is a bad idea. They actually tighten all those muscles up in there and make it more difficult for baby to come out. The Dr. recommended starting keagles the minute bubs is born to re-tighten muscles and help prevent urinary incontinence. Just one opinion though.

I can't understand not doing pelvic floor exercises whilst pregnant? You need those muscles to help push your baby out during the second stage of labour so I do feel that they are of utmost importance. However I was also wondering the same thing about the balls and whether they're suitable to use during pregnancy? Xx

I've actually read that doing keagles before birth is a bad idea. They actually tighten all those muscles up in there and make it more difficult for baby to come out. The Dr. recommended starting keagles the minute bubs is born to re-tighten muscles and help prevent urinary incontinence. Just one opinion though.

I disagree. It's very important to do Kegels when pregnant. It prevents bladder issues like peeing when you caught or sneeze. And like someone else said, you need strong muscles to push the baby out without damaging your body.
Tearing has more to do with the position you're in when you give birth. worst position is to lay on your back, best positions are the one that allow gravity to do its work, like squating or on all-4s. Also, don't push too hard, let your body do the work. Take your time.
About using the balls, personally, I don't like putting anything in my lady bits, but if you feel comfortable doing it, be sure they are super clean. You don't want to get an infection.

That's the exact reason I haven't dared use them during pregnancy, think ill just stick with my regular pelvic floor exercises! :) xx

Kegel is aaaafter giving birth, yoga is before, works really well :D

reading about infections is what has stopped me from using them but wouldn't that be the same risk as introducing anything else...including having sex....making sure the balls are clean of course, then it being the same risk....
its not as if i can't do kegals without them i just think it would be easier and be a better workout with them....i really need to start the yoga too...

man, this is all stuff i should have been doing before i got pregnant!! i'm such a slacker hahaha...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->