• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinions on Leonidas?

MrsMcCurdy

Future Momma
Reaction score
What do y'all think of Leonidas? Nn probably be Leo. Having a hard time of thinking of a middle name... Suggestions? Nothing is set cuz I'm not even pregnant yet but I think I really like Leonidas!
Thanks! :)

How about Leon for a first name and Idus is sounding good for a middle name now that I've said it a few times. :)

I'm not sure about that one, would have to warn up to it a bit. Not sure hubby would go for it either... In my mind it takes away from the meaning 'strong like a lion'. Thank you though! Someone else mentioned Orion for a middle name but it doesn't flow very well...

Leonidas Orion...now that it is a name you can own!! Wouldn't be my choice but I do love it! :)

That's kinda what I thought too! Still working on getting used to the flow of it though. Any other suggestions ladies?

I actually prefer it to plain Leo. I think it's seriously cool!

Sorry but I am not a fan at all. It sounds like somethin -itis like when you're sick.

Leo/Lenny is adorable though! Leonard, Leon, Lennox are much nicer sounding to me

Sorry but I am not a fan at all. It sounds like somethin -itis like when you're sick.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I do love Leo though, I believe it will be on my name list in the future.

. It sounds like somethin -itis like when you're sick.

I was thinking the same thing at first but didn't want to say it. I used to work in the medical field and when you have something -itis it means that something is inflamed, like bronchitis or dermatitis. I like those other names you suggested though.

Thanks for all the opinions! I had thought of -itis thing too but still seem to really like it. And I probably put more emphasis on the D sound because of that. He would probably go by Leo mostly anyway.
Any middle name suggestions??

I adore Leonidas. My OH veteoed it :( I would go for a simple, traditional name for the middle name, something like James or Daniel.

I adore Leonidas. My OH veteoed it :( I would go for a simple, traditional name for the middle name, something like James or Daniel.

Funny you mention that because my DH's name is James! And a family name on my side is Daniel or Danielle(according to gender obviously). I think I like Leonidas James...

Leonidas is gorgeous. It's one of my guilty pleasure names. I agree with the pp that said a traditional name would work best as a middle.

I'm team Leonidas James <3 So nice sounding.

We've also considered Leonidas, it's a good name. I really like Leonidas James as well. If you're willing to think of alternatives with a similar feel and meaning close to the same thing Leandro or Leander might be nice :)

It makes me think of 300/ Sparta :)

It's nice but maybe Leo/Leon would be a better everyday name

I don't love it but i love how unique it is! Plus it shortens to Leo should he wish to do that which is fab really :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->