Opinions on Middle Name Please!!

chartay

Reaction score
Well, we recently found out that we are team :blue: O:)

Of course we had had our entire girl's name picked out (Gwenyth Genesee), and only a first name for a boy. O:) So now we need to decide on a middle name for a boy.

His first name will be Finn. One of my husband's favorite stories as a child was Huckleberry Finn. And while he'd love nothing more than to name the little guy Huck, we are going with Finn... :winkwink:

We won't be telling any family or friends what our middle name choices are until he is born. We are tired of hearing "Eew, why would you want to name your child THAT?!" type of comments. Especially from our mothers. So they can just wait, and once he's named there's nothing they can do about it. O:)

Currently the middle names we have narrowed it down to are:
Rowan
Oren
Henning
Hennley

What are your thoughts/votes?

I really like Oren, i'v never heard it before! Think it goes lively with Finn.
I dont know what team we are until hopefully tomorrow but so far all we have is a muddle name for a boy which would be George. Not after anyone but it was our nickname for ds before he was born and iv kind of fallen in love with it!

Thanks! Both Rowan and Oren are our top two picks actually O:)

please dont call your child Finn Rowen or Finn Oren (fin(n) like on fish and an ore(n) like what you would row(en) a boat with lol) just too many boat-y references for my liking and there very obvious

I think Finn Hennley sounds best (although personal id spell it Henley like Henry with an L and E)

never heard of Henning before its not bad but i prefer Henley

Well, those are our top two picks. We had not thought about the boating reference. But we both love to fish and go boating, so it doesn't bother us. And we love both of those names.

We are VERY outdoorsie and wanted the names to reflect that. And mainly, we were looking for a middle name that had a "tree" meaning. Rowan was actually our top name until DH thought of Finn. And now we like it together. Granted, Henning does not have a meaning like what we wanted, but DH likes it, so it's kind of in the running.

Finn: irish/gaelic/old german means "fair"

Rowan: scottish/irish means "little redhead" or "tree with red berries"

Oren: hebrew/irish/gaelic means "pine tree" or "fair, pale"

Hennley/Henley: old english means "high meadow"

Henning: old german means "home ruler"

I love Finn Rowan (although I prefer the spelling Rohan), I've never heard Oren before but it's lovely!

Em xxx

Can I just make a suggestion of naming him Finnegan with nn Finn? Not sure if too many people think of Finnegan as a name, but I like it and thought I'd throw it out there.
I like Finnegan Hennley
Finn Oren sounds nice too

Can I just make a suggestion of naming him Finnegan with nn Finn? Not sure if too many people think of Finnegan as a name, but I like it and thought I'd throw it out there.
I like Finnegan Hennley
Finn Oren sounds nice too

I love this! Finnegan is cool as a first name ;) I also agree with Finn Oren

I love it as just plain Finn. It just fits O:) Oren is my top pick, DH is still undecided. Might end up being one of those times where we have to wait and meet the little guy first O:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->