Opinions or Advice Plz!!

TiffanyB

Reaction score
I was due for af yesterday but she never showed up which was CD30 for me. The day before I cried all day long and just haven't been myself. I've noticed I've been "off". Yesterday morning I decided to use a FRER and I got a faint line almost immediately. I went to the doctor yesterday for a urine test and they told me it was negative. I was so heartbroken. I had just got into my car to leave and the doctors office called me to say she went back to look at it and there was definitely a line but very faint. She said in order to confirm it I would need a blood test which I'm getting ready to go do. I'm just so nervous it's gonna be negative too. Is CD 31 too early? I don't know when I Od but I'm thinking CD17. Any advice before I go back to the doctor?? Please let me know and thanks!!

I think if you and the Dr got a faint line, it'd definitely show up in a blood test then! I see girls on here all the time getting early results! (At like, 8, 9, and 10dpo!) I got mine at 8dpo. And blood tests measure how much hcg is in your system so they are way more reliable than urine tests.

Thank you so much for your reply. I've never posted on these type of forums but I read them constantly. It's been an addiction since TTC. I'm just really nervous. I've had all the Pregnancy symptoms the past week but today it seems i have none at all. So it's got my mind wandering. I don't feel like anyone would understand like ppl on these forums do. I haven't told anyone so it's nice to have a place I can talk about it. Thanks again!

And btw I know this is off subject but do I have to have friends to respond and get responses? I don't know how to go about this bc like I said I'm new to this. Normally I just read everything instead of actually posting. But this is helping me immensely

When do you go for the blood test?

Same here! I've never been apart of any kind of forums before either! It is very addicting, but also very informative!

And no, you don't have to be friends to receive responses or anything. Anyone can read what you post and respond 😊

Welcome! Agreed, you don't need friends to get responses. Only people who are logged in with accounts can reply or see your pictures you post. Agreed that blood test is more accurate. If you haven't taken it yet I would ask for a beta (quantitative) rather than the qualitative blood test and have it repeated in 48 hours. As far as disappearing symptoms, you will get days where you feel nothing and freak out but when they come back you will long for those symptomless days ;)

Thanks so much to all of you for the info!! It means so much bc I don't feel so alone where I haven't told ANYONE yet. This might be TMI but I've read about chemical pregnancies and faint lines. Anyone ever heard of that? When I went to the bathroom just a few minutes ago I went to wipe and their was one very tiny pinkish dot on the toilet paper(sorry) and I'm cramping like af is coming. I'm freaking out bc could this mean I'm about to start

Try not to worry. Many women have cramping and spotting early in pregnancy. :hugs: Do you know when you'll get the results?

I took the test and they said the pink spot was normal or it was possible to be a chemical pregnancy. :( but she's going to call me first thing in the morning. I'm on cd31. Do u think it's possible it's too early?

For a blood test to be positive? I wasn't sure if they detected earlier or later than a urine test. But I also took another HPT this afternoon and it was also positive but barely. I'm just nervous and will be until tomorrow morning when the nurse calls. I've already been wondering if it may be a false positive and googled all about them. But surely I wouldn't get 3 in a row like that? Oh I'm a ball of nerves

A blood test will be more accurate and can detect earlier than an hpt, but different doctors use different blood test screening/machines. Some clinics get a positive with 5hcg, some 25hcg, sons over 50hcg for the machine to read positive. That's why I would have pushed for a beta. It gives a specific level. Also, if cp was a concern they should have done serial betas (repeated two days later) to verify your level was doubling. Early cramping and spotting is totally normal. You only need to worry when it's pain (like bad pain) or heavy bleeding (soaks a pad in less than two hours).

Try to relax :hugs: Yes a blood test will definitely show pregnancy before a urine test. And it's doubtful you'd get 3 false positives! ;) Congrats!

Thank you all so much!! I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers!

Doctor confirmed my bfp but my hug level was only 157. I have to go today for another blood test to check my levels but won't have the results Til Tuesday :( could these low levels mean miscarriage? I've never had one and couldn't begin to imagine the pain some of y'all have had to.

That level is fine, you're so early. All that matters is if it double properly. :) Kind of a bummer that you won't get the results until Tuesday though.

Have you told your husband yet?

I love it when people say only ___ hcg but that level is fab hahaha. I adore you. 147 is excellent for early pregnancy. You took the blood test back on 6/29, right? That was CD 30? So you were anywhere from 18dpo as low as 12dpo (using my O range for reference lol)! Hope you get a nice doubling answer on Tuesday so you can enjoy your pregnancy.

Oh my goodness! I didn't think how insensitive that was. I sincerely do apologize about the whole level thing. I'm just really nervous. Its been over seven years since I've been pregnant. So I'm still in a state of shock I guess. But tcinks I waited until the doctor confirmed it on Thursday night. He's so happy!! And thanks again for guiding me thru this. These forums have been a great part of my life so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->