opinions please those who have had gender scans or saw the sex of their baby!

babytots

Reaction score
anyone know what this white bit is on my scan pic? its been bugging me ever since i had my scan and made me question the gender of the baby (along with a few other reasons) would love to know what you ladies think.

https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/thepinkyone/scan pics and random pics/Scan0034-1.jpg

Honestly, the white bit doesn't look like a penis to me. Umbilical cord maybe? On our guy, it had a much more definite shape to it.

Were you told girl?

Leigh, Ive been studying ur scan pic for the last 10 mins, ive turned my laptop to the side and everythin (if only u cud see me u wud laugh)
I can deffo see the 3 girlie lines.
And the other bit ur not sure of seems to me to b a foot at the end of a leg bent at the knee.
My pic has a VERY similar shape, which is deffo a foot.
I will try my hardest to post my pic, but its not very clear IRL so not sure how it will come up on comp.

i see the lines too babytots. very weird tho...could be the cord. here is my very obvious lil man:
https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/bluayedmommy/babyboy003.jpg

Id say girl yes - my gender pic was different - it was a bottom with to legs clearly either side and i can see the 3 white lines - So my pic isnt entirly like yours - however i think i can see the lines on yours. That other bit may be the cord.

I think it's just the 'shadow' or echo from the scanner exaggerating her pubis mons and labia majora. Looks very much like a girl, congratulations on team pink!!! :happydance:

My consultant pointed out her 'folds of skin' and it looked just like that (although we couldn't see round the front to make sure there was no penis hiding and the testes were just pulled up).

thanks for all your opinions ladies really appriciated. the other reason why i questioned the gender is due to the sonographer being unsure if what she was seeing. she had to ask her collegue what she thought then look at a picture of both girls and boy bits and said she thought it was a girl. but she seemed very unsure.baby wasnt playing ball at the time and had her legs firmly shut thus not giving us a clear view. that pic was the best she could get.

i have come across a couple of scan pics that look very similar to that white bit and those ladies were told boys. which made me question it further.

marg- its definately not a foot baby had legs stretched the whole time of being scanned.

lorien- the sonographer told us she thought it was a girl she didnt say how sure she was and the expression on her face and the way she said it made me think she was unsure of what she thought. wish i had asked how sure she was now!

babbiblu yes you can certainly tell yours is all boy lol. he looks like he was keen for you to know the sex typical male eh? showing it off every chance he gets!

angel stardust i too also didnt see round the front to check to see if there was a hidden penis lol. sonographer didnt keep the probe still long enough to get a good look for myself to check she was all girl. with my daughters gender scan her bits are much clearer and more defined and you can certainly tell by the pic shes all female lol.

thanks again for all your replys. i have a free scan booked on saturday with a different company and hopefully they can put my mind at rest and i can see for myself that shes definately all girl.

don't mind either way though after the shock of finding out it was another girl (i really thought it was a boy this time round though told myself girl lol) i'm really happy i get to do yet more girly shopping for another daughter.

just had to post it as it really was bugging me! x

Leigh, Ive been studying ur scan pic for the last 10 mins, ive turned my laptop to the side and everythin (if only u cud see me u wud laugh)
I can deffo see the 3 girlie lines.
And the other bit ur not sure of seems to me to b a foot at the end of a leg bent at the knee.
My pic has a VERY similar shape, which is deffo a foot.
I will try my hardest to post my pic, but its not very clear IRL so not sure how it will come up on comp.

forgot to say thats what i did with the scan pic turned it different ways to try and figure what it was lol.

if you could post a pic that would be fab. ever since having my scan have been comparing my pic to other gender shots in the hope i might find one similar to mine lol. x

a lady on ingender thinks that white bit is infact the girls bits and not the hamburger shape that i have pointed out. but it just looks to different to my youngests gender shot to be girl bits yes theres 3 white lines but the hamburger shape behind it looks more like labia then the 3 white lines in that front bit.

another lady said that it looks more like a boy shot with a hidden penis as the white lines should be much closer to the sides of the legs.

oh hum roll on saturday cant come around quick enough! x

I don't know - my girl's three lines were very, very obvious - and there was nothing even where you have the white bits, so I don't know. Wish I could be of more help!

:)
A

maybe ur LO was laid an awkward way hun thats y it looks different ........ defo think girl tho x

thanks adsuki its why its bothering me so much as my daughters was so blatently obvious to me and i knew 100% she was a girl before the songrapher pointed it out to me lol. this one i just dont feel confident that she is a girl as it looks so different from my daughters.

honey- thanks to for your input. she had her legs shut together and was hard to get a clear view. i think if she had her legs open and it was more obvious i would be more confident in the sonographers guess of a girl.

4 days to go til my next scan want to hibernate til them. hope my lil lady plays ball and gives us a good view this time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->