Opinions wanted <3

out of curiosity, why is it so popular to use Irish names...

nearly everyone I have ever met (from multiple country's) has Irish heritage (after all we seem to of populated the earth) it really isn't that special or cleaver (especially the obscure names no one can pronounce) most of my family are Irish (as im only 2nd generation out of Ireland so half if not more of the family are still there) and they all just have regular names non of this 'special' Irish names stuff

that's not particularly aim at the OP as Brodi and Fynn are ok names but every time is see the 'were Irish' thing all I can think is 'who isn't'

I like Brodi Rock Lumpkin (I would drop the lynn and just go Rock, its a cool manly name) but Fynn works fine too and dropping the lynn removes the repetitive 'in' sound and still references the dad

good luck

you think your surname is bad trying having the surname Butt lol
so hard to find names for that one.
Anyway I quite like Brodi.

I had a friend growing up with that last name. Poor girl got made fun of in school all the time :( one of the nicest people I know

I can image its not a nice name to grow up with, i'm lucky it's my married name. my hubby used to get bullied for it a lot growing up now he just takes it on the chin.

I wouldn't say so at all.. Not over here anyway. Me and my bf both are Irish so it's a common ground on which to pick a name. We are also both into mythology so when we searched- Finn was something that came up. It's not a common thing over here but I wouldn't call it uncommon... Most people in my area near DC are either of Asian, Indian, Italian, or Hispanic decent. So ... To me it seems perfectly fine. And to be honest- I don't really care if a lot of people in other countries do it. We are keeping the middle name the way it is for many reasons.

Btw- coming in with a negative approach isn't really the best way to voice an opinion. I get it if you don't like the names.. doesnt bother me..but.. Questioning heritage? Heritage is something most everyone is proud of.. Probably why you see people referencing it so much with their children's names. We didnt specifically pick those names because they're Irish- they were on the list and we liked them the best... It happened to work out and we like the idea of it a lot. So now we are going with it and aren't changing a thing. My other name ideas (Emmett, Jackson, Odin) those aren't Irish.. We liked them anyway but our search happened to narrow down to Fynn and Brodi. I think it's plenty special and clever -_-

I wouldn't say so at all.. Not over here anyway. Me and my bf both are Irish so it's a common ground on which to pick a name. We are also both into mythology so when we searched- Finn was something that came up. It's not a common thing over here but I wouldn't call it uncommon... Most people in my area near DC are either of Asian, Indian, Italian, or Hispanic decent. So ... To me it seems perfectly fine. And to be honest- I don't really care if a lot of people in other countries do it. We are keeping the middle name the way it is for many reasons.

Btw- coming in with a negative approach isn't really the best way to voice an opinion. I get it if you don't like the names.. doesnt bother me..but.. Questioning heritage? Heritage is something most everyone is proud of.. Probably why you see people referencing it so much with their children's names. We didnt specifically pick those names because they're Irish- they were on the list and we liked them the best... It happened to work out and we like the idea of it a lot. So now we are going with it and aren't changing a thing. My other name ideas (Emmett, Jackson, Odin) those aren't Irish.. We liked them anyway but our search happened to narrow down to Fynn and Brodi. I think it's plenty special and clever -_-

im sure I said 'not really aimed at the OP' maybe try reading what I wrote :wacko: I dont think either of those names seem very Irish to be honest Brodi sound very American

the point is why justify it as 'Irish' even then you have followed it up with 'we didn't pick it because it was Irish' so why put emphasis on the fact that it is :wacko:

name your child what you want, you asked for opinions and I tried to help your repetitive 'in' predicament it wasn't mean rudely

heritage isn't something to be inherently proud of (you could be interested in history or proud of family members but not randomly of the country they happened to be from) unless you have nothing else in your life, you didn't chose, win or work to get a heritage its an accident of chance and doesn't even effect you in most situations, just like being proud of being born somewhere... the continental placement of your mothers fanny at the time of birth doesn't mean anything that you could really be 'proud' of

Finn is of Irish origin by what I've read- Brodi is Irish, Germanic, and American. I get the point- it was justified as that because we ended up liking it for that reason. But was not the original intent.. It just makes it special to us.

Either way- coming into a conversation and immediately throwing one under the bus isn't exactly polite. I'm not everyone else in the world and I sure as heck wasn't trying to be :shrug:

And exactly-I asked opinions on the names... Not where the names came from and to be told how un- original I am.

The way it was said is what bothers me- don't care what you think of origins. This is the only rude response I've gotten on here this whole time I've been a member -shakes head- let's just leave it at that please <3

Prefer the spelling Brody.

And again, JJKCB your opinion comes across as rude and blunt.

Yea- I like both spellings but I usually don't see it with an I so I wanted to be a little different <3 I think we may end up with it instead of Fynn cuz my family loves it so much ^__^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->