+ opk after 1 month on metformin...

xoashxo36

Reaction score
Hey ladies:hi: I was diagnosed exactly one month ago tomorrow with pcos. My dr. put me on metformin 500mg 2x a day and said it should help me ovulate again. I took an opk yesterday afternoon around 4pm and it was - then i took one late last night/this morning at 12:30am and it was +!! My first + opk after almost a year ttc:happydance: I took another opk this morning with fmu and it was dark but not as dark as the one last night so i took another one tonight at 11:30pm and i think it is darker than the + i got last night. How long should it stay positive and when will i actually ovulate? when should I have sex? already bd'd this morning. lol :) Here are the pics, what do u ladies think? Thank you soooooo much. I'm just sooooo excited to get my first positive opk:happydance:opk.jpg

THE CONTROL LINE IS ON THE BOTTOM AND TEST LINE ON THE TOP. PICTURE IS SIDEWAYS. lol

Hi hun, I have PCOS too and my problem is that my OPKs are positive EVERY day :cry: It's one of the symptoms of PCOS - constantly elevated LH (ovulation hormone)

Id say if yours is truly positive (i.e. indicates ovulation) it shouldn't be positive for longer than 3-4 days.

Start bd'ing now!!!

Best of luck :flower:

PS: Ive been on Metformin for 2 weeks now, so it would be good to know how you get on with ovulation etc :winkwink:

YAY....I got diagnosed with PCOS in 2005 and have been on metformin 500mg/2x a day too...and I got pregnant in 2006 with my DD....now we are back at it and trying for #2 and so far no luck....

Good luck both of you....It can happen!

thanks hun :flower:

When you were first diagnosed, before you took Metformin, did you have regular periods and ovulation? Did you get pregnant on just Metformin or Clomid too? My gyni said that if Metformin doesn't work, Ill need to start Clomid. At the moment Im also on 500mgx2 a day. It make me sick at first but all seems to be fine now

How is that opk looking today?

Good Luck!

When you were first diagnosed, before you took Metformin, did you have regular periods and ovulation? Did you get pregnant on just Metformin or Clomid too? My gyni said that if Metformin doesn't work, Ill need to start Clomid. At the moment Im also on 500mgx2 a day. It make me sick at first but all seems to be fine now

Good Luck!

I assume this was for me lol...if not im sorry...

I came off the pill in 2003, I didnt get me period for 8 months...so I dont think I was ovulating on my own...I had done clomid and metformin and I didnt get pregnant....so I kinda just gave up on everything, stopped taking all my pills and I was booked in for a appt with my obgyn to make a booking for a laparoscopy so they could go inside and look around my tubes and such, because I already had a HSG done and my tubes were clear, yet I still wasnt getting preg....the day before I went in to my obgyn appt I got a BFP on a test.......so yes I have done both met and clomid...but now I am just doing metformin...and I do ovulate with just metformin....I do OPKs and before my m/c I was getting a pos opk on cd 15....now its around cd18...
so good luck and any question lemme know!!!

OPK is still negative hehe

Good Luck!

I assume this was for me lol...if not im sorry...

I came off the pill in 2003, I didnt get me period for 8 months...so I dont think I was ovulating on my own...I had done clomid and metformin and I didnt get pregnant....so I kinda just gave up on everything, stopped taking all my pills and I was booked in for a appt with my obgyn to make a booking for a laparoscopy so they could go inside and look around my tubes and such, because I already had a HSG done and my tubes were clear, yet I still wasnt getting preg....the day before I went in to my obgyn appt I got a BFP on a test.......so yes I have done both met and clomid...but now I am just doing metformin...and I do ovulate with just metformin....I do OPKs and before my m/c I was getting a pos opk on cd 15....now its around cd18...
so good luck and any question lemme know!!!

OPK is still negative hehe

Aww, yeah it was for you hun :winkwink: Thanks so much for sharing your experience :thumbup: How long did it take for you to get af with all the meds?

xoashso36 - how are those OPKs looking today?x

Maria: When I first started metformin it was 5 days later AF showed for me....now I get it every month....

after starting with the metformin, how long did it take for you to become pregnant?

just wanted to say that im on met 2g a day (2000mg) and im so glad its working for some of you. I've been on my full dose for 5/6 weeks and while ive had an af ive not yet ovulated that I know of. Im cd32 today and no sign of ov - what cd were you when you ovulated? thanks x

just noticed this thread is old and your all preg now or had a baby :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->