OPK and day of ovulation question

WantinAnother

Reaction score
Hi girls :flower:

Hope you can help.

I stopped taking the pill last month and started using OPKs straight away to detect for ovulation, and if so, what day. My cycles are usually 35 days in length. I started testing on CD 17 and had a negative result, then didn't test again until CD 21 and I had a dark positive. This makes sense, with my 35 day cycle (presuming they resume to that length right away, after being on BC...) My question is - when did I most likely ovulate? I'm new to OPKs - they predict ovulation within 12 to 48 hours don't they? (I used cheapie ones from ebay) so my guess it was anything from day 19 to day 22 (because they can also come up positive the day AFTER ovulation, right?!) Confused!! I know for sure it was between the end of CD 18 and CD 22, but I would like it more specific :haha:
xx

hey hun, you can expect O within 24-48 hours after your last positive test.. So if your last positive was on CD21, you should O between CD22-23. Your tests shouldn't be positive while you're O'ing tho.. It's best to test everyday, twice a day until you get that positive test & it goes back negative :thumbup:

ahh right :blush: Is it possible to only have the one positive test? Having said that - I did only test the once on CD 21 - if I'd have tested on CD 20 or late on CD 19 that may have been positive too? I suppose I'll get a better idea when the witch turns up and I can count back 14 days or so? I see you're a 35 day cycler too :happydance: do you know what day you O on? Fingers crossed for us both!! I have approx. 4 weeks to wait til my next O to start trying!
xx

yes, you can have multiple days of (+)tives.. I put 35 days, cause my cycles are rather long & it turned out to be 35 days last cycle, but they're really all over the place (cause I've got PCOS).. I've had a 77day cycle, so I really have no idea when AF will turn up, unless I know when I O.. Cause it shows roughly 13 days later :thumbup: I've taken Soy Isoflavones this cycle, so hopefully I'll have an earlier O.. Last cycle I kept track of O was back in February, and I O'd on CD20 & it turned out to be a 33 day cycle.. I've had a couple annovulatory cycles in between, so i don't really have any more examples for 'ya! sorry :hugs:

ahh thanks for all your help anyway :hugs: I was clearly clueless about OPKs :haha: I think I have PCOS (have some symptoms of it) but never been officially diagnosed, and my mum has it. I conceived DS after having taken 50 mg of B6 a day, Pregnacare Conception and extra folic acid and BD every 2 days to cover all bases! I've heard Agnus Castus is good too. I hope the Soy Isoflavones work for you this month!! Looking forward to seeing your BPF :thumbup: Hope we're both cooking buns soon :flower:
xx

:hugs: thanks! :)

And about the PCOS.. I went in to get checked because first, I had a ton of symptoms & second, my mom has it.. I had read online that people w/ a mother or sister w/ PCOS were 50% more likely to have it themselves... not to worry you about it though.. :hugs:

I heard that too. I'll see how it goes, give TTC'ing a good few months and then look into getting checked out. We conceived DS within 2 weeks of me stopping BC (I think my body got really excited to be off it and O straight away!) and I had a m/c in 2009 so I'm remaining optimistic. I've always had regular 35 day cycles and the EWCM around CD 21. Blowing all the baby dust in the world towards you! Kick PCOS's ass as so many women have done :thumbup:
xx

hey hun, you can expect O within 24-48 hours after your last positive test.. So if your last positive was on CD21, you should O between CD22-23. Your tests shouldn't be positive while you're O'ing tho.. It's best to test everyday, twice a day until you get that positive test & it goes back negative :thumbup:

hi ladies !sorry to just butt in but am also a bit confused:wacko: with the opk thing (First month using them).
your question Waiting.. is exactly what l needed to know too and FloridaG your reponse has been helpful, hope you can help me too.
had +ves (or kinda of +ve) cd 12,13,14.is it possible?anyway the cd15 one was -ve. so did l ovulate 12-48 after the last +ve cd14(Wed) or after -ve cd15(Thursday). AM CONFUSED!!! DTD on the cd12(Mon),cd14(Wed) and cd15(Thurs). had a silly argument on cd13, so no BD done . please help.should l bed today cd16.:shrug:
l have a 29 day cycle usually but last month it was 33 days , that's why am using the OPK.

BABY DUST LADIES!!!!!!!:dust::dust::dust:

Hey hun. It's up to 48 hours after the last positive OPK. So you should o on cd 15 or 16. I'd Deff DTD again now, on cd16.. and even again on cd17, just to make sure your basis are covered.

Also, what do you mean by "kind of" positives? Do you have pics of the tests you took?

new to the opk, that's why the 'kinda +ve'.l couldnt attach the pic before. managed to do it now. what do u think??? are they +ve , DTD cd16 is out,DH too tired, but def cd17.
l am using Preseed and took EPO cd5 -cd12. hoping for a BFP this month. 3rd month ttc.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 11
click on the 'go advanced' button. then click on the paperclip button (next the the smiley face, on the same bar where the diff fonts are located).. & then you can attach a photo

It's hard to pinpoint due to the fact that like HCG, the Lutenizing Hormone also takes awhile to build up enough to test + in your urine. Therefore, you could have an LH surge prior to it being strong enough to turn your OPK positive. Therefore, you could O as early as 12 hours after your surge, even before your +OPK. Ideally, it's enough notice for you to catch the egg. It is recommended to bd prior to your positive. Don't let this info make you think it is too late though! It can take up to 48 hours to O, after your surge.

FloridaGirl pliz check my tests,managed to figure it out.it's the post before you sent me instructions on how to do it.thanx!

I think you surged on days 13&14, as they look darker than cd12.. I think you should O/should have O'd between CD 15&16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->