+opk and +hpt?

donna noble

Reaction score
So I had another operator error doing my forst opk this am. Some of those suck I tell you! So I triedagain after a couple hours. I used a cup to make sure it would work best. I figured what the heck why not do a hpt since yanno, (tmi)... Well the opk came up positive almost instantly. So then I was bummed because my husband and I work schedules the next few days that aren't compatible. So after a couple of minutes I though well let's go see my BFN...umm wait. there's two pink lines...can it be...???!!!!

So is there anyway LH triggers a false positive hpt? I read that hcg can triger a false opk, but nothing so far the other way around. I have had so many symptoms, but I keep telling myself it's psychological since I want a baby so bad after my loss. Dont want to get my hopes up if the LH surge is doing it...I hope and pray not!!

I had exact same on Friday - positive OPK smiley face and faint positive on HPT. Been to consultant today and she said that it's either early new PG or old one disappearing and new one trying to develop (OV). She did say it was very strange to have a positive PG test so far on after D and C (5 weeks ago today). So my answer is wait for AF in couple of weeks since you had positive OPK and continue to test with HPT and see if lines get darker. If you have 14 day luteal phase then you will know in 2 weeks one way or another like me! Keep in touch x

Did you keep checking your hcg levels until they reached 0 from when you m/c? Those hormones can stick around for quite a while. The leftover hcg is what could be giving the opk a positive reading. Although if you know for a fact that your hcg was at 0, then you might just have a new pregnancy on your hands. I cant really say much more, as I dont know when you m/cd etc...

yes my hcg was zero by blood test. I took a hpt after bout a week after mc to make sure that would be neg too and it was. I took a hpt friday and it was neg. That would have been the absolute earliest day I could do one. I took another hpt this afternoon and got a positive, faint but definate. So for now I am cautiously optimistic! I know the stats and many pregnancies are lost at this early stage because alot of women don't even know they are pg they just think it's a late period. The only article I could find online said a opk can be positive if you are pg, but hpts wont be positive from LH. So keep your fingers crossed! I hope it is true and it stays this time.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you, it sounds promising!! Keep us posted for sure <3

I'm so scared to even call the doctor. I am so worried about losing this one. I just keep hoping and praying it wll be ok! I had my regularly scheduled midday nausea again so that was a good sign. I'm awful crampy but I keep reading that's ok as long as no bleeding. My BBs are kinda off again on again sore, scares me when they aren't. That was the first thing I noticed after my mc was diagnosed. I think I'll test again tomorrow, just so scared it will be a bfn. please hope and pray for me everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->