OPK Dilema!!

loveforlife

Reaction score
Hi girls!!

First of all congratulations on your babies, since you´re on this club it has to mean you got your BFP´s!! :happydance:

I want to ask you for some advice on what OPK to choose, I was browsing brands and types and there are so many options I have no idea which one to choose..... I´m TTC#1 so im kinda clueless when it comes to TTC/pregnancy gadgets and tricks....

So if any of you could share an experience would be greatly appreciated!! :hugs:

Thanks so much!!!

:hug:

I used the One Step OPKs available from Amazon. I found them easy to use and gave me accurate results; but be aware that not everyone can get a positive on an OPK so they might work for me, but not for others :shrug:

These are the ones I used:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highly-Sen...59133&sr=8-1&keywords=one+step+ovulation+test

Thanks so much Lara!!! I´ll see if I can find those around, and keep in mind what you say just in case i don´t get a positive right a way...

Hugs!

I used the One Step OPKs available from Amazon. I found them easy to use and gave me accurate results; but be aware that not everyone can get a positive on an OPK so they might work for me, but not for others :shrug:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highly-Sen...59133&sr=8-1&keywords=one+step+ovulation+test

I also used these on both pregnancies... However I never really got a full positive result - the line was always somewhat fainter, so I just took the strongest line I got as my positive - and it was obviously right as I got pregnant twice using them! Other brands may be better (don't know, I never tried any others!) but these are way cheaper & you'll get through loads, lol... And at the end of the day, they still did the job!?!

I also used these on both pregnancies... However I never really got a full positive result - the line was always somewhat fainter, so I just took the strongest line I got as my positive - and it was obviously right as I got pregnant twice using them! Other brands may be better (don't know, I never tried any others!) but these are way cheaper & you'll get through loads, lol... And at the end of the day, they still did the job!?!

Thanks Caroline, I was wondering that too... on how to know if the line is dark enough... so I guess that as long as I see a line it means I´m O....

Hope I can come back again soon with some good news! :yellow:

:hugs:

Hi!

I tried clearblue at first but ended up with the one step tests too (loads cheaper). I should say, I never got a positive on any of them (and some months I tested ALOT!) so don't let it worry you (like I did!).

Good luck!

Thanks Caroline, I was wondering that too... on how to know if the line is dark enough... so I guess that as long as I see a line it means I´m O....

Actually no, you may see a second line most if not all of the month. I get blaring positives with the One Step OPKs, but all month long I have faint second lines. The second line just shows that you have luteinizing hormone in your urine; and LH is actually present all the time, in small amounts. It's when it surges that your ovary releases the egg, and you only get a positive when it surges, so you're looking for the positive.

A positive OPK is when the second line is AS DARK, or DARKER THAN the control line. If it's fainter than the control line, then it's negative. Obviously if you don't ever achieve a positive then you should take the darkest of your second lines and treat that as a surge and assume that was ovulation.

Once you get a positive (or the darkest of your lines), your egg will be released 12-48hrs afterwards. There's no way to tell when it will happen, so it's a good idea to BD every day, or every other day for 2 or 3 days, but even better if you were BDing already, so that you can ensure sperm is waiting for the egg when it's released.

I used the Dollar Tree cheapies. I never got a true "positive", but it would have nothing, then get darker until it started getting lighter again. I would take that peak day as the positive. A line isn't positive like on a pregnancy test. It's supposed to be as dark or darker than the control, but mine never was. I could see a clear difference from day and day and then back down though, so knew when positive had to be.

You are all such sweethearts, thanks so much for helping me out with this!!!

:hug:
:dust:

Do not use first response - when you get a positive it shuts off the reader so you can't use it next month if you have some left. I liked the clearblue.

I had clear blue first month, but decided too expensive so bought a bunch of Internet cheapies. Was poas constantly with those, fun, but never got the really convincing results. For fourth month of tryin I'd been using the Internet cheapies but got fed up and felt that i needed to KNOW and spent a lot on the massive clear blue kit (with, like, 20 tests I think). I got the smiley face on one that day and was pregnant that month so have 19 tests left over :). If you can justify the expense, clear blue are great. We were also using one of the fertility safe lubes and doing it A Lot with me lying there after with my hips elevated for a good 30 min, so it was not all the test, but I loved the reassurance that that one clear blue test gave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->