Opk help... I can't remember what I'm doing?

iwantabub

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
It's been ages since I've been on here. DH and I are ttc #2 now.
I've been off my pill since December and we were just using condoms but this month were not protecting and actively ttc.

I don't remember how long my cycles were as I wasn't paying attention so I bought a first response opk kit and starts testing a few days ago.

I am on CD14 and nothing.... Nada.... Not even a second faint line... Is that normal?

I'm a few years older and a few kg heavier than last time I ttc and its nothing major but I'm just worried this time around for some reason. Last time I got pregnant straight off the pill.

Has anyone had no line on opk this late at all and still o'd after?

Any suggestions would be welcome

I think sometimes people can ov later in a cycle.
Or u could still just be coming back to normal after the pill
Or if u only tested once a day maybe u missed a short surge?
Its hard to tell without knowing what ur regular cycle off the pill is.
If it was me id just keep testing fir another few days
And just keep track of ur cycle
And bd away just in case :)
Best of luck hon xxx

While I am no expert, here are some possibilities:

You might have missed your LH surge. I read typically it's 1-2 days, but can be as short as 10 hours.

You might not have O'ed yet. Depending on the length of your cycle and the length of your luteal period. (this is the time between O and your period) A cycle can be as long as 35 days and still be normal. Your luteal period can be as short as 11 days and still be normal. In the extreme of normal, you could O as late as CD 24.

You might be having an anovulatory cycle. Even healthy women have them sometimes.

There could also be something wrong with you, but you'd probably need to test over several cycles before you'd have any indication of that.

My advice: keep testing!

Thanks for the advice ladies.... I think I'm getting myself in a tizz for nothing but I'm so nervous ttc again for some reason

I did an opk this morning and for the first time def got a very faint second line so hopefully I'm on the way as I haven't even had a second line before so fingers crossed I just naturally o later in my cycle.

Sounds like it hon,
I only did opk last month.
I had faint line fir two days.
Then got darker.
Then got pos at 8 pm at night.
Then faded out again.
Sounds very promising for u hon
Best of luck xxx
I know how easy it is to panic xx
Its something we really want
So can be hard to relax
And not doubt ourselves xxx