OPK Newbie-Advice please!

D

Draculisa

I bought a cheap OPK at the dollar store. I'm CD11 and this is my first real cycle since going off the pill in early May. I had EWCM last night and so far we have BD every night! I have felt some twinges here and there today so I got this kit. There is a faint line but does that mean that I have already OV'd or I havent yet? Does time of day matter with these things? Any tips would be much appreciated <3

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3
I used opks with every pregnancy, love em!

They recommend testing between 10 and 2pm each day. Some women test more than once, totally up to you. I just did once a day.

If your cycles are pretty regular, i'd start testing around cd10 until you get a positive where the control line and test line are the same intensity or the test line is much darker than the control line.
since your on cd11, i would guess you haven't ovulated yet most likely.

Once you get your positive, def start :sex: asap lol....and once you become awar of what cd you usually ovulate on, it would be good to have sex the day before your positive opk too.

Hope i helped :D

Faint lines mean nothing on opks. They were confusing to me at first. I usually get a fade in pattern meaning the day before I get a positive the 2nd line gets darker, then when its positive it gets darker or just as dark as the test line. You will get used to them and after a while u will be a pro! I recommend taking the opk test in afternoon or evening. They aren't accurate in morning. Hope this helps!

Awesome thanks! So does the EWCM not really count that I had last night?

Yes it does! For example I get ewcm a couple days before my opk turns positive. Ewcm is a good sign something will happen soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->