OPK / Ovulation questions

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi Ladies TTC#1

Just after a bit of advice really. Bit of background OH likes, as he calls it spontaneous :sex:, he said last nite my plans now that I have OPK are to regimented :shrug: & wat will be will be….

As you can see he is a little more laid back about the idea of baby making, so the every day or every other day thing isn’t going to wrk to well but going to give it my best shot.

I stopped cerazette on the 16th June,
my 1st AF was 23rd July
2nd 25th Aug
3rd 24th Sep

When do you think is the best time to start testing OPK, also when is the best time to start BD, when I have a fait line or after a strong positive. I will try to do it as much as i can through out the whole fertile period. But this is our 1st real month at trying.

Thanks Ladies

:dust: to all

I started my AF a day before you on Sep 23rd, and I have already been taking OPK's since CD7. I know I probably started way early, but didn't want to miss my ov. I would start today or tomorrow for OPK's, make sure you use afternoon or evening wee and not first morning. A faint line on an OPK means nothing, the only positive test will be when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. That's when you start the serious BD'ing! Lol. Good luck to you.

I started testing on CD8. I just got a positive today, CD 12. I tested twice everyday once around 10-11am and then between 2-4pm. The afternoon ones are always darker, at least for me anyway.

We BD every other day and then tonight. Then we will for the next 2 days. Then....we will wait. The oh so always fun two week wait.

My DH is very spontaneous too so this has been quite different for us. After I got a positive this afternoon I sent him a picture of it and th caption was "bowchikawowowww". He just laughed. When he came home he said he was ready to make a "deposit". That really made me want to rip my clothes off! LOL..totally kidding. It's different when you are doing it because a stick tells you too! I just decided I'm going to get a little creative the next couple days. Stay tuned... :winkwink:

This is our 8th cycle but first using OPKs, which makes it harder to keep things exciting.

Thanks both of u. Here's hoping we all get our bfp this month. I started taking pregnacare pre conception vitamins OMG last nite I was 5days in. I hadn't been feeling quite rite, tired headache and abit sick Ohh not forgetting the neon wee. I just thought I wud check others side effects from pregnacare and bingo same as mine. Think ill stop those now after forking out 30 quid for the pre conception & pregnancy ones :-(

Thanks both of u. Here's hoping we all get our bfp this month. I started taking pregnacare pre conception vitamins OMG last nite I was 5days in. I hadn't been feeling quite rite, tired headache and abit sick Ohh not forgetting the neon wee. I just thought I wud check others side effects from pregnacare and bingo same as mine. Think ill stop those now after forking out 30 quid for the pre conception & pregnancy ones :-(

I just started taking Geritol this cycle. Its not a prenatal but it is a vitamin that contains everything. It is said to have "a baby in every bottle". Theres no real scientific proof that it works but there have been so many success stories using geritol. I'm also taking a folic acid supplement on the side because geritol doesn't have enough like a prenatal.

I thought for about a week it was making me dizzy and my heart race, but that has subsided so I'm now thinking it was due to stress and other things I had going on.

If you can find geritol it would be a good vitamin to try. You can get 100 pills for about $10 or a liquid form that tastes horrible and only lasts about half a cycle! But if you do the liquid you have to stop taking it after ovulation because it contains alcohol. Needless to say, I'm taking the pills.

I would say from CD 8 or 9 onwards. I was on the BCP for 17 years and my period went missing the first month I came off it. So I decided to try fertilaid and my period came back right away and I o'd on CD 14 and conceived that month- the second month we tried and the first month on feritlaid. My sister used it too with the same results. My DH and I also dtd every day in September (I know, I know)- just to make sure. I guess it worked because now we have a 3 month old.

Miss Kate wats ur cycle length. Am now on cd16 still no sign of o, only the smallest faint line on my opks but u have to strain ur eyes to even see it and even then I think it mite just be me.
I am beginning to loose hope in O even coming :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->